No announcement yet.

EDC knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the Kershaws started importing some of their knives a couple years ago. I haven't noticed any significant drop in quality. The one I recommended is a great knife for the money. You can buy 3 of them for less than $45 and put them in a couple of locations.
    "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

Comment

CD, what is your primary use? What are your local laws? What is your budget?

It is tough to go wrong with a Kershaw. I have had a blackout and a skyline. I really liked both. The blackout was a gift, and I did not know it was assisted. Sliced the crap out of my hand the first time I opened it.

Depending on your use, a good little SAK is a wonderful edc, but big tasks or defense will not be its forte. I don't really think of defense and knife. I have a 9mm for that. I do need heavier blades and longer ones than an SAK offers. I also need one hand opening.

Benchmade and zt become options if you have the coin.

Of course my grandfather used a little 3 blade stockman all of his life. For anything else, he found the right tool.

Comment

Red, I am just looking for a general purpose lock blade knife in the $50 or less range. Like you said I have a CCP for defense and I have a fixed blade Morakniv in the car door for camping and other uses. I appreciate everyone's input and earnestness to offer input.

Comment

At that price range, Kershaw is a favorite. They have so many shapes and sizes, you will have a tough time deciding.

Personally, I avoid any Gerber. For me, serrations are a no-go as well.

Spyderco has a few in that price range as well. Buck has one I really like, but I can't think of the name. Maybe vantage?

Do you have a preferred grind or length? Blade shape? Thickness?

I keep those little Mora knives all over too. Darned handy and darned good for the price.

Comment

I just ordered the Kershaw Brawler. Just as side note, AD, if and when you get too many of those BM knives or just get tired of one, let me know. Maybe we can work out a deal. Thanks everybody.

Comment

He can't say no if I don't at least ask

Comment

Sorry CD, the rule is: one legged friends, then peeps with boobs, THEN other guys.
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

Dang it.

Comment

CD, look up the bench made rift. See what you think of it. I love the knife except for the fact I have a tough time getting it open with gloves on.

If you think it is for you, I could make a sweet deal on one that is barely broken in. Never been sharpened or messed with. Just used for pretty mild tasks.

Comment

Red, it looks like a great knife but my price range is well below what the asking price is.

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                        Sorry CD, the rule is: one legged friends, then peeps with boobs, THEN other guys.
                        Some of my coworkers think I'm a pretty big boob, does that count?

Comment

Ordered the knife yesterday and received it today, pretty impressive. Good weight and fit in my hand. Really sharp edge. I like it.

Comment

Hey AD what do you carry when you got to Canada? Assisted opening not legal northof border. I have 2 spyderco endure 4's that I carry all the time.
                            Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Comment

I had a knife pen once, managed to break it somehow. I still miss it, the metal detector security dweebs at work never looked past it being a pen.
                              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                              X