No announcement yet.

Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice work, that's a fantastic skill you have.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Betty, you are amazing. I love them. I also cherish the one the one that my grandmother made for my hope chest. It is pink and white. Batman has one from his grandma also. We got his grandma's dining room suit and use her quilt on the top of her sideboard to protect the wood and because it looks so pretty. It is nice to hear that others cherish their grandmother's hand work too.
      I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Betty, here is the quilt I was telling you about. I thought there was a specific name for it but I can't remember. Hand embroidered. Inherited from grandmother or Great-Aunts. Sorry the pictures are sideways, I never know how they are going to post.

image.jpg. image.jpg
        image.jpg. image.jpg
        Last edited by DMH; 10-06-2014, 04:12 PM.
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Originally posted by DMH View Post
          Betty, here is the quilt I was telling you about. I thought there was a specific name for it but I can't remember. Hand embroidered. Inherited from grandmother or Great-Aunts. Sorry the pictures are sideways, I never know how they are going to post.

This is so lovely! They call this 'red work'.
          Dode

Comment

Betty, your quilts are gorgeous! Some of the patterns remind me of big snowflakes.

We have a very large quilt guild in my town; about 70+ members. They meet once a month for the past 15-16 years. Our first raffle quilt was a stained glass pattern and it garnered $3500. They make lap robes for the nursing homes, and emergency children's blankets that are kept in the trunks of the local LEO's cars. Every year they give scholarship money to local HS grads. It's a very civic minded quilt guild.
            Dode

Comment

Thanks Dode!
              Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
              Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

That's an awesome heirloom quilt DMH

Comment

New quilt.

Ok, here will be my next quilt. Yes, for sale, no, I don't know how much yet, will have to see how long it takes.

Just wanted to show you how the pattern works.
                  You cut 4 identical pieces of fabric. I'm using 3" square pieces because this fabric has a fairly small pattern. You get more variation using small pieces on a small print fabric.

By turning them 1/4 turns, you can get 4 choices of what the block will look like. I chose to sew it together in the 2nd formation.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here are the other blocks I have done so far.
                    Attached Files

Comment

very pretty!
                      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

What camo pattern is that?

Tex
                        = 2
                        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Looks nice Bettyy

Comment

Looks good Betty!
                            "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                              What camo pattern is that?

Tex
                              It's a realtree camo pattern. Turns out really cool w/ stack & whack. Then put the original pattern on the border!

Comment

Background fabric choices

Ok, which one do you like best? The colors are hard to get accurate. The first is a sage green. 3 out of 3 people I asked at the store liked that one. The 2nd is a med-dark green. I think it makes the blocks stand out more.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X