Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
    That's what mine is.
    But did you buy as a duel-fuel, or did you convert it? I might be interested in adding the kit onto mine as well.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

It's an add on. If I want to run LP I open the bottle and turn of the valve from the gas tank. It's a pretty low tech set up but runs great. it is so much easier to start on LP and letting the engine "pickle" itself on shut down has seemed to avoid the curse of ethanol so far. I do run E10 fuel, mostly because I'm too sorry to drive the extra 20 miles to the nearest E0 dealer and it sticks in my craw to pay someone NOT to put something in my fuel.
      [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Any difficulty setting it up, tips or tricks? Which did you use?

Thanks

Comment

I used a PNG technology set up, I think I got it from Amazon but it could have been HF or TSC.
          I'm trying to post some pics from my phone but no luck so far

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

Comment

20200311_173755.jpg

20200311_173631.jpg

20200311_173658.jpg

Comment

Does yours allow the choke to be used for gasoline starts if needed?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
                  Mine runs LP and gas, I run it on gas but start it and shut it down on LP, it seems to work pretty good, going on my 3rd year with this set up
                  LP is typically cheaper when in bulk. I get stopping on LP as it'll flush the engine of ethanol, etc. but
                  1) why start with it?
                  2) why not run it with LP?

Comment

It starts much easier on LP. Running on LP doesn't produce the same power as gas so while gallon for gallon LP is cheaper it takes more to produce the same output.
                    LP is much cleaner burning and stores better than gas also. So basically power output and ease of replacement during storm events are the main reason I use gas as my primary fuel. Gas is hard to find after a storm but LP is pure unobtainium.

Comment

Didnt think about energy content affecting power output. LP is not as dense so it wouldnt create the same power. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Zef_66 View Post
                        Yup, Star-tron has worked well for me for many years. I've detailed my fuel storage plans earlier in this thread. But Stabil is not in it. Star-tron, Pri-G, and 2 stroke oil.
                        i'm struggling to find your post about fuel storage plans. I didnt see it in this thread nor am i finding it when searching the site. Can you post a link? Until then i'll be searching.

Comment

I hear that propane engines run dry unlike wetter gasoline so you need oil thats got slicking agents . Valvoline produces an engine oil approved for use in a gasoline, diesel and CNG/LNG engine. It's called Premium Blue One Solution 9200. It comes in 15w-40 and 10w-30. Cummins approved and recommended.
                          Valvoline produces an engine oil approved for use in a gasoline, diesel and CNG/LNG engine. It's called Premium Blue One Solution 9200. It comes in 15w-40 and 10w-30. Cummins approved and recommended

Comment

Click!
                            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by knotReally View Post
                              i'm struggling to find your post about fuel storage plans. I didnt see it in this thread nor am i finding it when searching the site. Can you post a link? Until then i'll be searching.
                              Just so you know, I looked too and couldn't find that post. I'm not sure if it just never got posted, or if he decided to delete it for a reason.

Edit: Found it!
                              Last edited by kickstand; 07-12-2021, 10:25 AM.
                              Defund the Media !!

Comment

It was just shy of 100°F today. At around 7:30pm, thunder storms started rolling in, dropping the outdoor temperatures, and about 3/4" of rain.

At 8:45, power went out. Our electric company is usually pretty good about getting us back up within just a few minutes, so I didn't do anything. At 9:00 however, power was still out, and it was getting pretty muggy inside. Luckily, the rain had eased up to a light sprinkle, so I went out, followed my safety checklist, isolated my house from the grid, and fired up the 7500W (running) genny. I powered the critical systems back up: Fridge, freezer, bedroom, bathroom, living room. The main power draws overnight will be the bedroom window a/c and ceiling fan. The rest is for "just in case". I left the electric stove and laundry room breakers off.

It's now almost 10:30pm, and grid power is still down. I'm lying in bed, with the ceiling fan and window a/c unit going, staying nice and comfy, able to view my security cameras to see if/when power comes back on tonight, and use our home internet instead of the far inferior (slower) cellular data.

My best guess is that a tank should run until 3-4am. It'll be good to see how long a tank lasts, it's been a while since I ran the house on the genny overnight.

On the "failure" side, it had been about 2 months since I had ran the genset, I know bettet. It was a little finicky to start, having to crank over for about 20 - 30 seconds before catching. I'm glad it started! I sure do love that electric start. It beats the hell out of tugging on a cord, over and over and over again.

Generator for the win, again!

Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                                X