Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get-Home Bag

Thanks

Get-Home Bag

I have a backpack that I bring to work, it used to be filled with junk but has recently been restocked with Get-Home Gear. The bag itself is nothing special and I'm planning to replace it this week. This morning this was more obvious when there was a nightlight in the hall that illuminated the two reflective areas on the shoulder straps. Not good to be luminescent.

Looking for suggestions on bags. I know Maxpedition is popular, and that's in my price-range ($125-$150). But are there any other suggestions?

It can't be too big because it won't be something that just stays in my trunk. I drive a CMV so I'll have constantly transfer it to multiple vehicles daily.

Molle is good, camo is not. Shouldn't look too military.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.
    Barry

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yrrabsille For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,759 Posts
    I will be interested in the answers as well

Thanks
    Thanked 6,062 Times in 1,311 Posts
    You really cant go wrong with Maxpedition, the gear is bulletproof. I've got a laptop case I've carried for six years, really can't beat it. Tactical Tailor also makes some nice gear, http://www.tacticaltailor.com/urbanoperatorpack.aspx

Of course you can always go the 5.11 route, it's decent gear I guess but I've never been a fan.
    I'm drunk tonith.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angeryamerican For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    What are the pros and cons of pressing a standard backpack/daypack into this role. I have a few ideas of my own, especially since the continued move to ultralight has also moved further from durability, but I am curious as to what others think.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 Times in 4,522 Posts
    Not everything that's light is less durable. My favorite spork is titanium.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by W.Lynn View Post
    Not everything that's light is less durable. My favorite spork is titanium.
    Lol. True. My backpacks for hiking are really not as durable with the thin materials today as my older ones made of heavy cordura.

There are trade offs of course.

Thanks
    The 5.11 rush 72 is a great bag from what everyone says. I'm trying to get a hold of one so I can do a review.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Graywolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Made in Idaho

Eberlestock makes great packs, but usually more sniper sized. They do have a new one called "Dagger" that's daypack sized and can fit a carbine inside. I have the Lo-Drag, used to own a Gunslinger and love both of them. (hint, buy them off Ebay...way cheaper than the website)

Eberlestock.com

Quote Originally Posted by yrrabsille View Post
    I have a backpack that I bring to work, it used to be filled with junk but has recently been restocked with Get-Home Gear. The bag itself is nothing special and I'm planning to replace it this week. This morning this was more obvious when there was a nightlight in the hall that illuminated the two reflective areas on the shoulder straps. Not good to be luminescent.

Looking for suggestions on bags. I know Maxpedition is popular, and that's in my price-range ($125-$150). But are there any other suggestions?

It can't be too big because it won't be something that just stays in my trunk. I drive a CMV so I'll have constantly transfer it to multiple vehicles daily.

Molle is good, camo is not. Shouldn't look too military.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.
    Barry

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JBBoise For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    But if you out in the woods trying to hid from perv's camo is good, just saying

14. The Following User Says Thank You to george7100 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Beside you see camo everywhere now days