Get-Home Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get-Home Bag

I have a backpack that I bring to work, it used to be filled with junk but has recently been restocked with Get-Home Gear. The bag itself is nothing special and I'm planning to replace it this week. This morning this was more obvious when there was a nightlight in the hall that illuminated the two reflective areas on the shoulder straps. Not good to be luminescent.

Looking for suggestions on bags. I know Maxpedition is popular, and that's in my price-range ($125-$150). But are there any other suggestions?

It can't be too big because it won't be something that just stays in my trunk. I drive a CMV so I'll have constantly transfer it to multiple vehicles daily.

Molle is good, camo is not. Shouldn't look too military.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.
    Barry

I will be interested in the answers as well

Comment

You really cant go wrong with Maxpedition, the gear is bulletproof. I've got a laptop case I've carried for six years, really can't beat it. Tactical Tailor also makes some nice gear, http://www.tacticaltailor.com/urbanoperatorpack.aspx

Of course you can always go the 5.11 route, it's decent gear I guess but I've never been a fan.
      I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

What are the pros and cons of pressing a standard backpack/daypack into this role. I have a few ideas of my own, especially since the continued move to ultralight has also moved further from durability, but I am curious as to what others think.

Comment

Not everything that's light is less durable. My favorite spork is titanium.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
            Not everything that's light is less durable. My favorite spork is titanium.
            Lol. True. My backpacks for hiking are really not as durable with the thin materials today as my older ones made of heavy cordura.

There are trade offs of course.

Comment

The 5.11 rush 72 is a great bag from what everyone says. I'm trying to get a hold of one so I can do a review.

Comment

Made in Idaho

Eberlestock makes great packs, but usually more sniper sized. They do have a new one called "Dagger" that's daypack sized and can fit a carbine inside. I have the Lo-Drag, used to own a Gunslinger and love both of them. (hint, buy them off Ebay...way cheaper than the website)

Eberlestock.com

Originally posted by yrrabsille View Post
                I have a backpack that I bring to work, it used to be filled with junk but has recently been restocked with Get-Home Gear. The bag itself is nothing special and I'm planning to replace it this week. This morning this was more obvious when there was a nightlight in the hall that illuminated the two reflective areas on the shoulder straps. Not good to be luminescent.

Looking for suggestions on bags. I know Maxpedition is popular, and that's in my price-range ($125-$150). But are there any other suggestions?

It can't be too big because it won't be something that just stays in my trunk. I drive a CMV so I'll have constantly transfer it to multiple vehicles daily.

Molle is good, camo is not. Shouldn't look too military.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.
                Barry

Comment

But if you out in the woods trying to hid from perv's camo is good, just saying
                  Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Comment

Beside you see camo everywhere now days
                    Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Comment

Originally posted by george7100 View Post
                      Well then, it aint very good.

Tex
                      = 2
                      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Ok, I'm new to this. Which Maxpedition bag are we talking about just for an everyday carry? I went to their website an there are a lot of options.

Comment

This is the backpack that I carry my laptop and associated gear in;

Get the durable 3-day backpack you need! LA Police Gear has a vast collection of police backpacks, fanny packs, EMS bags, and more–shop for yours today!

I've had it for about 3 yrs now with some pretty heavy usage - and it's holding up perfectly. Well worth the money IMO.

They do have a slightly larger version that I have no personal experience with as well as other brands. And I've never had a problem with lapolicegear.com service.

For my Going Home Bag I wanted to not look milspec at all, so I went with an older backcountry camping backpack:

I've camped with this backpack many times over the last 15 years and never had a problem with it at all. Good sturdy material. Good design for heavy loads. Excellent pack.
                          And I've added a large camo veil to the top pocket so that if I do need to blend the blue into the environment I have an option.
                          'All it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing.'

Comment

Originally posted by george7100 View Post
                            No you can't. That's why it's camo.
                            You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                            Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Then again, why blend in when you can just wear an awesome suit trailing a wall of fire that can destroy everything it touches?
                              tom-cruise-all-you-need-is-kill-thumb-330x453-104994.jpeg
                              I guarantee, the raiders and Devil Hound Service boys will not even bother you.
                              You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                              Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Working...
                              X