No announcement yet.

Get-Home Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone familiar with Speed Hooks? Or the webitsite wilderness-survival.net?

Comment

Does anyone have an opinion about this solar recharger? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006ZSFH6I/...8YWVVQMY&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by Concerned Dad View Post
        Does anyone have an opinion about this solar recharger? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006ZSFH6I/...8YWVVQMY&psc=1
        No but now you have me interested in looking into this. I need to compare to goalZero set up

Comment

That beats the goal zero on specs and price - hands down.

10w vs 7w
          2 free battery packs vs a very expensive battery pack

The customer reviews say it's durable...

Nice find CD!
          'All it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing.'

Comment

Glad I could contributed something finally. Also, look at the Georgia Arms website. Seems to have decent price on ammo and shipping rates. 500 .40 caliber for less than what I paid for .22LR

Comment

hope this thread is still active, my suggestion would be an ALICE pack, either medium with a frame or the large with frame.
              built like a tank and can be found at decent prices.

Comment

Not sure how active it is, but I am still here

Comment

Can anyone make a suggestion about boots? I have been looking but not found anything that I like or can afford.

Comment

I love these, and you can occasionally get deals and closeouts on bellevilles, you just need to keep an eye out.

Comment

I have a ton of experience with boots, related to fighting wildfires and responding to other disasters around the country.

Georgia boots ($80-100) make good cheap loggers but they are heavy. RedWings ($120+) are better, but cost twice as much.
                      If you want to sink some serious money in it, then go with custom boots like Whites or Nicks. I can't quote prices for them, since I haven't bought any yet myself.

All of these would come in 8" leather lace up loggers. They will wear well, and carry you through anything. But wearing loggers takes getting used to.

I also wear Ariats in a lace up roper. I love these for flatland use. They will run you about $100.

Hope this helps. BTW, the opinions I offered on the loggers also will be supported by tons of folks who do the same job. You can ask on www.wildlandfire.com. But before you ask, check out their discussion forum. It has been debated and discussed to death.

Good luck!
                      "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

Comment

Thanks guys. Didnt expect such a quick rsponse

Comment

Midwest Boots has some great boots. Yes, they are on the more expensive end, but I have worn them and loved them.

Shop MidwestBoots.com for Work Boots and Work Shoes Including Thorogood Boots, Carolina Boots, Double H Boots, and Much More. Offering the Best Selection of American Made Boots and Shoes, Plus FREE UPS Ground Shipping. Purchase Comfortable, Quality Work Shoes & Work Boots Today At Midwest Boots.
                          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by Concerned Dad View Post
                            Can anyone make a suggestion about boots? I have been looking but not found anything that I like or can afford.
                            I like the pair of Keen boots that I have, they were $180 but in my size and have lasted for 3 years so far.

Comment

Decided on a pair of Georgia Boots, Loggers. Cheaper here locale than online. Thanks again for all the advice

Comment

Originally posted by Graywolf View Post
                                The 5.11 rush 72 is a great bag from what everyone says. I'm trying to get a hold of one so I can do a review.
                                GW

I have one I just bought. I love it. And true to form, its Multicam!!!!! I do give a squat about blending in. I would rather look tactical and menacing than a sheep.

I got a smoking deal at www.dvor.com. $250 with a $130 store credit.

They have the Tactical Rush 12 for $99 and a $30 store credit.

As usual if you are of the mind use this code and i get a small store credit.

Comment

Working...
                                X