No announcement yet.

Help! I need a can opener!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are great AD. I have one I bought at Wal-Mart and it works great (don't know why we don't use it very often, maybe it is just a little harder to operate) and I like it as there are no sharp edges on the can and you can sit the lid back on (still don't know why you would want to) to store I suppose. Works well for making little "safes" out of cans.
    Kessler
    I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
    INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by VINCENT View Post
      Concrete side walk
      Vince, is this the trick of rubbing your can on concrete for a while and then being able to pick open the lid. I haven't tried it yet. Does it work?
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Ya, you KNOW that we're tell her about that, right?

Originally posted by AD View Post
        This is my FAV.

It cut the rim of the lid and let you put it back on. No shavings in the can.

K hates it(she cant figure it out)

I love it(i am smarter than her)

Watch the video on the left side of the page to see how it works.
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

D, it works, but it takes a bit of persistence.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Just place it down on the can and start turning.

Comment

Pampered Chef makes a good can opener that cuts the top off w/o the sharp edge...but the blade on mine is nicked & I have to go around twice to open a can.

Comment

As my last resort ca opener I use a butter knife and a hammer. Works every time.

Comment

I liked the John Wayne approach from "Big Jake" (that title is how I named my son after the man, without naming him John.) Put the movie in, and watch him opening a can of peaches while camped, talking to the @$$hole bg.

Great big knife, whack it in - two directions, peel back resulting corners. Leaves the can as a potential hazard, should you be making spiked holes and run out of bamboo (be good children, do not try this at home, or any place it's not legal to do so.)

But with the crumbly bones and increased joint pain, I will stick to using can openers until I need some pointy cans.
                  quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                  X