Hardback Editions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardback Editions?

Although the majority of my reads are audio books, I still pickup copies of books that I absolutely love whenever I can. I like to thumb through and re-read different sections from time to time.

Has this series been release in hard back at all? If so, what are the odds of picking one up somewhere? I'd love to add them to my shelf.

Thanks!

BTW - Loving Duke Fontaine as the narrator. His voice is lending an excellent quality to the series, if I may say.

I read AA's books long ago but have just started listening to Going Home on audio. I am liking the reader. You can pm AA and he will let you know if you cannot find one online.
    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Originally posted by andrewjhead View Post
      Although the majority of my reads are audio books, I still pickup copies of books that I absolutely love whenever I can. I like to thumb through and re-read different sections from time to time.

Has this series been release in hard back at all? If so, what are the odds of picking one up somewhere? I'd love to add them to my shelf.

Thanks!

BTW - Loving Duke Fontaine as the narrator. His voice is lending an excellent quality to the series, if I may say.
      This series was my first endeavor into audio books and I quite like the format. Duke as narrator has been fantastic!

i do have the actual books as well (although in paperback), a couple of copies of each as a matter of fact, to be able to loan out to folks. I have yet to get a copy back and the person not say they couldn't put it down till they had finished it.

<--- Anxiously awaiting Forsaking Home.

Comment

To my knowledge, the only hardback books produced came out with the original Going Home book when it was self published. If I remember correctly, there was one or two leather bound hardbacks that came out with the original order and went directly to AA. I don't believe Penguin has produced any hardbacks in the Going Home series.

Tex
        = 2
        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Oh crap! I had almost forgotten about the hard bound copy I have of GH that AA was nice enough to sign for me at the show we had out here, when he was just wrapping up talks with Penguin.

Comment

Bog, you have a hardback edition? I didn't know they had made any.

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
              Bog, you have a hardback edition? I didn't know they had made any.

Tex
              It's a signed copy even

Self published edition I believe. I'll go upstairs and grab it...

Comment

Found it.

If I can get this stupid iPad to post pics, I'll add them in here.

Best I could do mobile:
                http://imgur.com/a/w6D1J

Last edited by Bog; 05-27-2014, 09:38 AM. Reason: Img failed

Comment

Yep, you're right, Bog. I had actually forgot about it. I just called AA about some other stuff and he reminded me about the self published edition having a bunch of hardbacks and then he reminded me that I actually have some. LOL. I guess I should have went and looked before I responded, but I'd completely forgot about them.

Tex
                  = 2
                  sigpic

Comment

Yup, to be honest I forgot about it myself till you mentioned it above. I don't loan that one out, it stays at the house and the paper backs get to travel.

Comment

The newer paperback is much better, real editors have had a whack at it. They have no doubt sent out the hit squads for AA's 5th-12th grade teachers already. His move north may have been to protect them. (He did get better, he even noticed when the bozos at Xlibris did all kinds of horrible things. Come to think of it, the hit squads may have been redirected there.)
                      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                      X