No announcement yet.

Maps from the books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To necromancy an old thread.....anyone able to post a link to that trail yet? I tried googling around - my google foo apparently sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by angeryamerican View Post
      If I can figure out how to do it I'll load the Google earth file I have with everyplace listed. It's pretty cool, you can zoom out and see the trail.
      Did these ever get posted anywhere? I am going to start re-reading the series while waiting for the next one to come out and thought it might be sorta cool to "follow along" on Google Earth.....
      Bumper
      Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Comment

I do have maps, I marked every location on Google Earth as I wrote it but cant figure out a way to upload it so everyone can download it. If anyone has any ideas feel free to share.
        I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Thanks, AA. I know you can save routes and mark places on Google Maps but I haven't done a lot with Google Earth. I'll see if I can figure it out....
          Bumper

Comment

There's the topo maps in the first books.

AA: Screenshots work. Pirate treasure maps are cooler
            You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
            Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Originally posted by angeryamerican View Post
              I do have maps, I marked every location on Google Earth as I wrote it but cant figure out a way to upload it so everyone can download it. If anyone has any ideas feel free to share.
              I originally thought that you were having trouble saving it but after finally pulling my head out of a dark place I figured there was just no way to upload it through vBulletin. If you want, you can email the file to me and I will FTP it to up to my server and then provide a link to download it. There is a way to set up a KMZ file to be uploaded through vBulletin but would have to refresh myself about how to do it.

Originally posted by MillenniumMan View Post
              There's the topo maps in the first books.
              My books don't have topos in them...
              Bumper

Comment

Hey, just jumping in here. Did any of those maps ever get uploaded? I'm really curious because I read the books with my tablet in my lap trying (some successfully, some not so) to follow Morgan in his travels and I would love to know how close I got to figuring it out. Thanks.

Comment

Joyce if you PM me your email address I'll send you the file.
                  I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Did it, thanks.

Comment

the trick would be to add them to the AudioBooks!

Comment

Yes I listen to all my books lol I'm a salesman and drive all over the south east. Funny I'm at the kangaroo in Altoona looking around to get a feel for the area. Adds depth to the story to get to drive through the areas mentioned in the book! Great job AA BY THE WAY!

Comment

Yes I used google maps to recon that routes and areas like the cabins, towns, and elks camp.

Comment

I have to use Audio books as my eyes are getting to bad to read. Have been trying to follow on google maps

Comment

Working...
                            X