Question 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question 3

Why has Morgan not taken any body armor off the bad guys? or has he and it just not got in the book? also are they keeping the weapons from the bad guys or at lest the ammo.

To paraphrase Linus, " 'Cause Morgan ain't no pussy, pussy!"
    You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
    Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

P.S. Not calling you a pussy, just tossing a Sargeism out there.
      You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
      Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

ok in book 3, the big shoot out at the old place, were the two hummers taken out? were all the tangos taken down? i never read if any got away?

Comment

You don't trust a vest/plate after it's been hit, especially if it was hit more than once. The stresses are great, each time it's hit increases the chance it will fail next time.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

but a good head shot and the armor is still good and if you get a chest hit chances are the back is still good. just my 2c worth from the real world.

Comment

Yes, but in the heat of things, and more might be targeting you as you try to grab stuff, your big concerns are cover, observation, ammo, intel you can gain, speed (getting elsewhere, or covering people who are getting elsewhere,) these things often do more good than half a vest or a couple plates.

If you're alone and find a chance to sort through some plates or vests to find one that isn't compromised, do so. You just don't leave your family wondering if you're safe when you could spend that time getting to them and making sure they're ok.

If I had funds for it, yes, I'd buy armor and take it to the range so I'd get used to moving in it, magazine changes, handling the rifle/shotgun, etc.

As I am, it'd hinder me, and probably be the wrong size, were I to try a handed-down vest.
              Last edited by W.Lynn; 05-15-2014, 04:38 PM. Reason: I'm a short, round grandma.

Comment

They do collect weapons and ammo. There been several times throughout the books where they've policed weapons and gear afterwards. You have to keep Morgan's thought process in mind, he's not a soldier and doesn't think like one. As to armor he has it and it's been mentioned, but like my personal opinion on it, I wouldn't wear it on a daily basis. Trying to do things associated with normal survival would be a bitch. If I knew lead as about to fly I'd put it on.

Then there are those of the audience that will question it endlessly, even if they've never seen a plate, much less wore one. Thanks for the questions though, keep em coming.
                I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

For the record, I think fisty has some real down range time based on his questions, for those replying I'd keep that in mind.
                  I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

His questions are just to get his post count up there for the next contest. He could care less about your crappy book. Hes here for the freebees

Comment

been shot at a couple times. just a few. only been hit a few times. and only shot my self once.

Comment

Please say you aren't the dumb-ass young policeman I stopped babysitting for in the 80s, who ended up putting a round through his hand and into his wife's leg?

(For the curious, dumb-ass was showing off some quick-draws, spins, and switching hands, when his nervous guest asked him, wasn't that a bit unsafe? Dumb-ass replied, "it's not loaded, see?" The attempt to dry fire went "boom.")

Comment

no not me but that is funny. i was working on a jamed pistol i knew it was loaded and got a 380 through the leg while trying to unjam the slide.

Comment

Ah, this guy held his duty weapon right up to his palm when he pulled the trigger. Through his hand, and into her leg.

Was after I refused to babysit for him anymore. That decision came when the toddler was pulling on something behind the tv (tv was on a coffee table against the wall.) It was a pistol, and not a word from either adult that it was there before they went out.

Comment

damn

Comment

Working...
                              X