2nd question for AA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd question for AA

back in book 1 when the event takes place, there is no talk about airplane crashes? I know in a EMP event a lot of air craft will become big bricks in the sky.

Hmm....

The only airport I know of between Ang... Morgan's house and where his truck stopped at is somewhere in Leesburg, and isn't that a private airport? I know the old farts in Lady Lake don't have one.

The only traffic otherwise would be Gainseville to Orlando or GV to Tampa, and those go way away from Morgan's trail.

Help me out if I'm wrong.
    You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
    Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

I am thinking more along the lines of the Big Jets going to Jacksonville Orlando or Tampa i know chances are at lest one would be near enough to see the crash. at lest i would think. or at lest he may walk up on wreckage at some point.

Comment

Even a brick will fall in a more manageable way if it has enough wing and tail, there's a pilot or two around can speak on it. In the books, I imagined it contributing to the cityscape on fire images that Morgan viewed on his new friend's tablet.
        Last edited by W.Lynn; 05-15-2014, 04:59 PM. Reason: No guys, not that kind of tail.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Fisty, it's just one of those things I didn't get into. You're correct and there surely would be a great many crashes. The area Morgan walked through isn't really on a flight path, that's farther east. Probably should have gotten into it though.
          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

well maybe you can add one of the crashed jets in the next book

Comment

Or small craft, there'd be instruments failing and small craft setting down in all kinds of unlikely places. I bet a plowed field would look very inviting to someone with fried electronics, in a glide, unable to lower retractable landing gear.
              Last edited by W.Lynn; 05-15-2014, 08:00 PM. Reason: Fried electronics make me think of boats too.

Comment

Mmmm...fried 'lectronics...isn't that a Wyoming meal choice?
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

I always wondered about that too. Just looked at it as a narrower look at things. Good questions though.

Comment

Hmm - wonder if fisty works for IRS. Lots of questions there......

Comment

no but my girlfriends mom/bitch works for the IRS

Comment

Originally posted by fisty View Post
                        no but my girlfriends mom/bitch works for the IRS
                        Wow... Don't let your girlfriend read that or she'll be your ex-girlfriend.
                        You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                        Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

she calls her worse

Comment

I'm still trying to understand how some of the vehicles are being used? How are chopper still flying or did I miss how they are still working? I can see how older machines are still working. Anyone have knowledge they can share?
                            "You have been baptized in fire and blood and have come out steel!!!"

Comment

The mil has quite a few of many things in shielded buildings (or even in bermed, grounded, hardened buildings) at any one time.

Comment

Working...
                              X