No announcement yet.

2nd question for AA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most of your basic military gear is hardened against EMP as i understand it. Most of your F4s and stuff have been declassified enough to know EMP testing and hardening was done - so it's reasonable to presume all modern equipment would have been and be successful to varying degrees.

Comment

I wonder if air force 1 has been hardened? It's an older plane some maybe it would be less vulnerable.

Comment

I saw a documentary on Airforce 1 awhile back and EMP attacks were one thing they mentioned. They hinted at there being some protections, but they did go into any detail at all. They said that Bush2 took to the air on 9/11 and he stayed airborne for quite awhile until they were able to get somewhat of a grasp on the situation. Supposedly not knowing what was going on and whether or not an EMP attack was likely, for him to ride out the situation in the air leads me to believe that it would have to be hardened against such a thing.

Perhaps someone with more insight could better answer this question.

We do have a member here who worked for a company that made and sold armor products to the military. He may have a good answer on this subject.

Tex
        = 2
        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

That would be a "need to know" issue. Meaning unless you need to know what protection it has, you wont get any info on it. I surely did not have any info on that. That would be above TS SCI level....way above!

Comment

Originally posted by AD View Post
            That would be a "need to know" issue. Meaning unless you need to know what protection it has, you wont get any info on it. I surely did not have any info on that. That would be above TS SCI level....way above!
            Well, I figured if anyone from our board knew or had any information along those lines, it would be you. You could have just made up some cool sounding bs story and none of us would have ever known the difference and you would have looked mega cool and knowledgeable. I guess just go back to being plain ol' AD and we will still like you anyway.

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Most Large Aircraft are faraday cages, thats why they are not affected by lightning strikes.
              But still I would not want to be one of the 400 sardines stuck in a modern Fly By Wire Aircraft . (at any time esp not during EMP)

Comment

Especially on this subject, i want to be clear i do t know anything. Claiming you do can get you visited and I dont want that.

I wasnt being snippy with you when I said need to know. I simply meant I never had the need to know nor was I ever involved with that platform.

Comment

I guess if anyone is protected, it will be the ones who decide how to spend our money. Of course the rest of us are just left to fend for ourselves. But that's why we are here isn't, to get ready.

Comment

We have a product that will protect you 100% from EMP, CME or anything along those lines. It also prevents RF eavesdropping and surveillance. Added to that are it's awesome thermal properties and it's a fantastic material. I can get the stuff in sheets and you can line a room or an entire house with it and it will be protected. Of course it will do nothing for the lines coming in, you'd have to have a physical break in those, for comms fiber is a good alternative, an optocoupler works. For power, well, there is no sure fix for that at the moment.
                    I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Originally posted by Concerned Dad View Post
                      I wonder if air force 1 has been hardened? It's an older plane some maybe it would be less vulnerable.

CD- Trust me it is, several years back I had the opportunity to two of my boy's down to Tinker AF for a detailed tour of an AWAK. We learned a lot interesting things one being that AF 1 is EMP proof as is the AWAK. I am extremely glad we are the only country that has AWAK's, the things that aircraft has the ability to do would blow your mind and scare the crap out of you at the same time.

RD
                      Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Still like to figure out how to shield a solar panel. Those are very vulnerable considering they're just thin strands of silver and copper wire embedded in a silicon reactive plate. Equipment in northern areas would be more susceptible to X-flare and CME based electromagnetic pulse damage due to the closeness of the magnetic pole.

AA, Is this material transparent or translucent? Is it something similar to a bug screen mesh? If so, what kind of weather resistance does it have?
                        You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                        Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

It's not MM, it's a solid panel, 3/4" thick and more depending on which you have.
                          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Working...
                          X