Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2nd question for AA

Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 375 Posts
    Most Large Aircraft are faraday cages, thats why they are not affected by lightning strikes.
    But still I would not want to be one of the 400 sardines stuck in a modern Fly By Wire Aircraft . (at any time esp not during EMP)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Goingbush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,538 Times in 2,662 Posts
    Especially on this subject, i want to be clear i do t know anything. Claiming you do can get you visited and I dont want that.

I wasnt being snippy with you when I said need to know. I simply meant I never had the need to know nor was I ever involved with that platform.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I guess if anyone is protected, it will be the ones who decide how to spend our money. Of course the rest of us are just left to fend for ourselves. But that's why we are here isn't, to get ready.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,062 Times in 1,311 Posts
    We have a product that will protect you 100% from EMP, CME or anything along those lines. It also prevents RF eavesdropping and surveillance. Added to that are it's awesome thermal properties and it's a fantastic material. I can get the stuff in sheets and you can line a room or an entire house with it and it will be protected. Of course it will do nothing for the lines coming in, you'd have to have a physical break in those, for comms fiber is a good alternative, an optocoupler works. For power, well, there is no sure fix for that at the moment.
    I'm drunk tonith.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to angeryamerican For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,763 Times in 577 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Dad View Post
    I wonder if air force 1 has been hardened? It's an older plane some maybe it would be less vulnerable.

CD- Trust me it is, several years back I had the opportunity to two of my boy's down to Tinker AF for a detailed tour of an AWAK. We learned a lot interesting things one being that AF 1 is EMP proof as is the AWAK. I am extremely glad we are the only country that has AWAK's, the things that aircraft has the ability to do would blow your mind and scare the crap out of you at the same time.

RD
    Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,407 Times in 1,429 Posts
    Still like to figure out how to shield a solar panel. Those are very vulnerable considering they're just thin strands of silver and copper wire embedded in a silicon reactive plate. Equipment in northern areas would be more susceptible to X-flare and CME based electromagnetic pulse damage due to the closeness of the magnetic pole.

AA, Is this material transparent or translucent? Is it something similar to a bug screen mesh? If so, what kind of weather resistance does it have?
    You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
    Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MillenniumMan For This Useful Post:

Tex

Thanks
    Thanked 6,062 Times in 1,311 Posts
    It's not MM, it's a solid panel, 3/4" thick and more depending on which you have.
    I'm drunk tonith.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angeryamerican For This Useful Post: