X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey there!
    Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Welcome from me too. Don't be shy. Say what you will, ask questions or tell us something.

I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

I don't eat scrapple; maybe some mush with maple syrup! And my eggs are always dippy - unless it's a fried egg sandwich. Pity me: my hubs is pure swamp southern. Hush Puppies and Grits and Pork Rinds!!

Hi- W. Lynn! I've missed your posts over on SB.

Mogli, m'dear... I'm always the whole package: warts & all. I haven't done real well trying to be what I'm not. So yes, the financial musings are part & parcel of my "stream of consciousness" posts. Lately, I've been following Ukraine real close - and there's been a LOT going on which is BAD for us.

Kiev has started shooting unarmed, civilian, non-combatants. The US condemned "the violence" - and then promptly blamed Russia. Which tells me they condone what's approaching ethnic cleansing and genocide. So much easier to cross THAT red line in some other country - before employing those tactics here.

/sarc

Comment

Hi Sacajawea, rescued a nearly dead chihuahua right before Christmas, been a little busy with puppy training classes, flea combs, keeping cats out of the puppy treats (they're old and don't need high-energy, small breed, puppy food.)

And more recently, tried to get a fish hook out of his lip, the stinker grandsons took fishing gear in their room to play with, and the pup was a stinker who went in there at 2am looking for something to chew on! It didn't mess up his good looks though, went in the inside of the lip, and curved around to point back down and out the bottom edge below his nose. If he were years older with the trust already in place, he might have let us take it out, but the fight was crazy, and we didn't want it to get worse. He's already off the quarter of a tiny tramadol pain pill dose, and that stuff has a great shelf life, so doggie doses are covered for years to come!

I could wish the antibiotic was less of a fight. It's .8 ml clavamox twice a day. Anyone who thinks vet supplied meds are way too different from prescriptions written by my doctor can feel free to explain the bubblegum scent & flavoring in this. He dislikes it intensely.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Have you tried a putting the pill in a corner of bread with some peanut butter on it? Pup will smell the peanut butter and give it a snarfle right down.

Comment

Find a Apothecary pharm and have them make it in a tasteless liquid and mix it with his chow. We do that with all of the animals instead of fighting with them. What dumb ass thought bubble gum flavored syrup works for dogs?

Comment

I don't know, it was the middle of the night, and that's what they sent him home with. It was less of a wrestling match with the morning dose today, hopefully I can keep him healthy enough not to need any long-term prescriptions. Not used to mouse-dogs though.

The pain pill doesn't seem to be needed, so I've got a tiny vial of tramadol quarter-pills good for an 7.5-8 pound chihuahua. Handy if he ever gets a sprain doing his mad scramble up and down the RV steps.
                Last edited by W.Lynn; 05-11-2014, 09:41 PM.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome Sac,

Good to see familiar people.

Comment

Working...
                  X