Keeping your prepping classified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping your prepping classified

Another in my OPSEC series. I tried to translate how we use classified information in the government into what preppers could use...

Keeping your prepping CLASSIFIED

Very good read. I actually do use those security sleeves, they come three in a pack, so 2 packs does my license & debit card each one, and the RP's, and that still left two for a family member.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Excellent writeup, GW.

A lot of this I've followed, while some of it I've ignored over the years.

I remember a few years back when I took the dark side and our baby to WDW. She posted all over her God damned wall about the trip. I was PISSED! People she knew and didn't know suddenly had knowledge that we'd be away from the house for a week and mostly unwatched (other than the alarm system and a trusted neighbor) so I made it a point to drive 40 miles one way every day, check on the house, run some lights, make the place "occupied" drive back to the hotel. Then I had a long talk about OPSEC and home security with her. It never occurred to her that her happiness could be used to hurt her, and it showed in her face every time I left for the house for a few hours to check on it, ready to kill anything that moved that didn't belong there.
      You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
      Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

MM, we've been through that a little, when my son was courting, he had to explain to the young lady not just NOT to use those "log in from" and "tagged at", and why. Or if she was doing it anyway, not to include any of us because we don't want anyone to know the home is unattended.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Great article. Gave me a lot to think about

Comment

Some great points in there. Thanks. I interact with many, many hunters on social media and have begun reminding these guys and gals not to reveal too much about themselves through sites like Facebook. One of the biggest blunders I see is the incessant need to show off their firearms when posting a grip'n'grin pic with their latest trophy. Is that necessary? Could someone be taking note of how nice that new rifle looks, and be able to locate your home and go shopping while you are away? Just one of many ways that you can compromise your own security. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
            X