Prepper stories: setting up camp for the night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepper stories: setting up camp for the night

After much feedback from my readers, I've started a novel. I'm posting some of my scenes on my website to work out the characters and the plot and to get feedback from people as to what they think and also where they might like the story to go.

I thought you guys might be interested in reading it as I go through it so I'll post on the forum when I write a new scene.

Currently (for this scene, anyway), this is the background:
    A generation ago, the world was rocked by a huge solar flare that took out the power grid for the Eastern half of the United States. Most electronics were destroyed.
    As a result of the grid going down and most companies not being able to function any longer, the U.S. economy collapsed. The cities fell into ruin and were taken over by gangs and thugs. Public services stopped. Grocery stores immediately emptied and supply chains broke down. Those who didn't prepare were completely caught off-guard and many died in the first few months.
    The U.S. government did what they could to pick up the pieces.
    • They recalled all military and government employees from around the world. Once that happened, several countries in the world who were protected by the U.S. and were supported financially, were attacked by their enemies and the world fell into chaos.
    • They built and developed FEMA camps, mainly along the Eastern and Western shores of the country to better protect citizens and pool resources. They eventually mandated all citizens had to move to the camps and work in their assigned jobs. Several decades later, these camps became small walled-in city-camps. DHS is now the new government.
    • Some people in the U.S. objected to the government's handling of the situation and refuse to join the city-camps, building their own villages and compounds in the New Midwest.

Our friends are currently traveling across the country and some of them just recently met.

This is the first scene I've written, but not the first scene of the book:

Prepper stories: setting up camp for the night
    Last edited by Graywolf; 05-01-2014, 10:05 PM.

I'm going to put in a pre-order for the book.
    You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
    Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

I am looking forward to what happens next. I imagine that Katie and Chief have a sad story about the loss of their family to tell. The boys. Were they FEMA city escapees? How did they meet up with the Chief and Katie. Questions, questions!
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

You have my attention. Really good read. Bring it on.
        If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

I'm definitely interested. Would really like some back story on Chief as the book progresses. It would be great for references to the war throughout this series and then The whole subject of the war could end up being a whole prequel book series that I can already see myself getting caught up in.
          i also like the concept of Chief guiding Keven on developing his leadership role.

Comment

Chief is gonna be a mystery for a while. There are some secrets about him that can't be told until later.

Comment

Originally posted by DMH View Post
              I am looking forward to what happens next. I imagine that Katie and Chief have a sad story about the loss of their family to tell. The boys. Were they FEMA city escapees? How did they meet up with the Chief and Katie. Questions, questions!
              Chief and Katie aren't related. Can't say much more lol.

Comment

Where can I go to follow this? Is the book out yet?

Comment

CD, you can go to www.graywolfsurvival.com and you can also click on the red text above and it will take you directly there. Graywolf has alot of good info over there on his site along with a helluva lot of knowledge and experience backing up what he says. I strongly encourage you to check things out over there and support his site too.

Tex
                  = 2
                  sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Not you too! What is wrong with this world? I am going to go bang my head against the wall

Kidding

Comment

Spoiler.

Chief is someone I know! I bet.

Comment

I must have missed this before, but when I click the red link, I get a "Page not found" error.
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

You know that only makes me want you more AD.

Comment

Same error for me. Is there a secret password ??

Comment

Try: angeryamerican

Comment

Working...
                              X