No announcement yet.

Charities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested can PM me, anyone in or near Soroti, Eastern Region, Uganda is welcome to check it out for themselves. So far, we've been going it alone, and have no other donors.

We've got copies of all the deeds, permitting, architecture drawings and all the receipts from property to construction.

Comment

Here is this weeks update, next funding for the roofing and labor will need to be sent.

We are almost getting done with the Ring Beam by the evening of tomorrow 19th December 2014. The building project continues thereafter.. There will be only a two-day Christmas break then the roofing work resumes.

The total cost of roofing including purchase of materials will be: 13,665,000. Labor cost for roofing will be 4,099,500. I have agreed with the Engineer that the labor cost will be paid after the roofing. However, we shall need to order for major materials especially timber which is usually scarce here.

Tomorrow I will send you receipts signed by Engineer for the previous Foundation and Walling labor costs.

God bless you.

Attached Files

Comment

UN -- Am I right in assuming the costs are in Ugandan funds? That's awesome work.

Comment

Yes sir, Ugandan Shillings I believe. It's about 5k US.

Comment

Here is a news clip about people who are hacked to death. All the kids are the orphanage lost their parents to such attacks. http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/17...ttack-20150204

Comment

Dear friends,
              As for today, we are left with two stages to complete the roofing wood work. The estimated time of completing the wood work roofing is this weekend. According to the Engineer, we will have to do the ceiling at the front and back of the building. The iron sheets roofing with follow soon.

I have still failed to rectify the fault in my scanner and printer. Seems it might not be easy to repair. I have accountability receipts for you on the $5000. We have purchased enough timber, iron sheets, nails and other roofing materials for the entire building. I will have to find another alternative how to send you the receipts by tomorrow 4th February.

The workers are requesting for payment advance. The advance is for labor costs. They are requesting for at least half of the payment in order to take back their children to schools. The schools opened for first term Monday 2nd February this week.

Yesterday I sent you total cost for the ceiling. However, the verandah and round the building, the ceiling will have to be made before putting the iron sheets. This will take about 40% of the total cost for the entire ceiling. The rest of the ceiling will be done after putting iron sheets.

Thanking you so much for your divine support.

Bonny & Goretti

Patrick is the site foreman instructing the casual laborers on what do
              Patrick is the site foreman instructing the casual laborers on what do.JPG

Here, the started lifting up the roof
              Here, the started lifting up the roof.JPG

Distant view of the building
              Distant view of the building.JPG

Material for roofing being lifted up before fixing
              Material for roofing being lifted up before fixing.JPG

Here it is now lunch time. Parick is bringing food that comprises posho and fried beans to the other workers. My little boy Arthur brought the lunch with a motor cyclist
              Here it is now lunch time. Parick is bringing food that comprises posho and fried beans to the o.JPG

One of the trips of timbeer 4x2 being delivered at the site
              One of the trips of timbeer 4x2 being delivered at the site.JPG

Load of timber on a pickup van
              Load of timber on a pickup van.JPG

Preparation of timber before fixing
              Preparation of timber before fixing.JPG

The Engineer and other three carpenters are at the top of the roof lifting the rafters
              The Engineer and other three carpenters are at the top of the roof lifting the rafters.JPG

Comment

Here are the latest updates on the Orphanage. The next priority is to get the finish out done. Doors and Windows, plumbing, electrical, and so on are needed.

Corner View
                View of the building at the front corner.JPG

Front View
                Front view from a distance.JPG

Rear View
                The rear view of the Children's Home under completion..JPG

Comment

Dear friends and Family,

I have just come back from the long trip.

You recently requested some important information about the childcare Ministry here in XXXXX - Uganda. The name of the Ministry is: "New Hope Childcare Uganda" It is locally registered with the Local Government at the District level. The District of our operation currently is XXXXX.

New Hope Childcare Uganda exists to provide shelter, food, education, Medical care, spiritual and emotional support, to needy orphans and ultimately widows in Soroti District, Uganda. The Organization aims at adhering to nationally accepted best practices in the care and upbringing of children based on the Ugandan law. The Organization will also contribute to the local communities through encouraging local people in taking up responsibility in caring for the orphans and widows. Furthermore, the Organization commits to parenting the orphans and other vulnerable children within Soroti and where the need be; even beyond the district.

Concerning language that we use, here we teach children in the language that unites all of them. And that is English for now. English is the official language in Uganda. Since these children come from various ethnic backgrounds, English is still the most convenient to bring about unity in the home. Besides, we also teach the children their mother language as a way of helping them not forget their roots.

Presently, we have a total of 15 children in the Home. Most of their ages range from 2years – 13years. However, there are three others above this age bracket. They are in Senior Secondary schools and University.

SHORT TERM GOALS

1. To take care of a total of 50 orphaned children by the end of 2015.

2. To create and establish a home environment for Orphaned children

3. To train 8 more children caregivers for responsibly taking care of the children.

4. To continue offering Education and vocational training skills to orphaned children.

5. To complete and enter into our 6-roomed Children’s Home.

We started with a manageable number of 6 orphaned children on a rented

House in June 2013. Presently, we are taking care of a total of 15 children in this same home. We now have 3 caregivers who are helping us in taking care of these precious children. After undergoing childcare training, they will serve as foster mothers and therefore make these children feel loved.

Yes, there is a great hope for placement of the orphans. Presently, the few children under our care are with us in our rented home. Once the current building that is under construction is completed, we intend to place a total of 50 orphaned children in this new Home. This is the number we can handle for the present time. We believe in starting small and growing. We cannot start with very big number because we will not be able to manage properly.

We are training the children through counseling, MDD, Bible teaching, and taking them to school. All of them are now going to school. They range between Pre-school and class Primary 6.

LONG TERM GOALS

1. To acquire more land for construction of school, expansion of the children’s home, setting up children’s clinic and extensive agricultural activities.

2. To maximize and engage in organic agricultural activities for food security and long term sustainability. We will engage in crop production, Cattle rearing, piggery and Poultry keeping.

3. To start our own school that will cater for the children’s education from Pre School to Primary school.

4. Establishing health care facilities that go along in serving the children and maybe nearby community.

5. To build up a church hall and conference center.

6. To install piped water to children’s Home.

6. To extend childcare services to other districts with high number of disadvantaged children.

Meanwhile, I am compiling the Children's pictures and personal data. As soon as I complete, I will submit.

Does this answer your question? If I have left out anything you deem important, let me know.

God richly bless you all.

Yours in the service of the Lord.

Bonny

Comment

A special thank you goes out to Schmidt Ford of Salem IL for their generous donation for the Orphanage project of 5k. Please consider them if you are in the area and need a vehicle or service.

Visit Schmidt Ford Of Salem Inc. for a variety of new and used cars by Ford in the Salem area. Our Ford dealership, serving Centralia, Vandalia and Carlyle, is ready to assist you!

Schmidt Ford of Salem
                    1815 West Main Street
                    Salem, IL 62881

New: 888-769-1808
                    Used: 888-887-4095
                    Service: 888-846-0143
                    Parts: 888-863-1362

Welcome to Schmidt Ford of Salem! Located in Salem, IL, Schmidt Ford of Salem is proud to be one of the premier dealerships in the area. From the moment you walk into our showroom, you'll know our commitment to Customer Service is second to none. We strive to make your experience with Schmidt Ford of Salem a good one – for the life of your vehicle. Whether you need to Purchase, Finance, or Service a New or Pre-Owned Other, Ford, you’ve come to the right place. Call 888-769-1808 for your No-Obligation Internet Price Quote from our Internet Department.

Comment

A special thank you goes out to Gulf Coast Christian Church for their generous donation for the Orphanage project of 377.00 for Bibles. This is a nice little church my daughter goes to in Pensacola.

Gulf Coast Christian Church
                      590 E Burgess Rd
                      Pensacola, FL 32504

God Bless and Thank You.

Comment

Working...
                      X