This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must Have Books

NOTE: This is the thread started by Tex. The thread "Free ebooks and PDFs was merged into this excellent thread on 12/17/13. While the name AmericanBTGoG appears as the OP, this is a result of the merge, which combines the two threads in chronoligical order. No disrespect or 'hijacking' is intended. Tex's original post has been 'cut and pasted' in the paragraphs which immediately follow. - ABTGoG

Having a thread dedicated solely to survival books was brought up a couple of days ago, so here it is. Let's please keep this thread about survival related books that have good and useful information. We may start a similar thread for PAW fiction up in that section, but let's please keep this thread about actual survival related books. If you have actually read the book and can vouch for its value, this is the place to make a post.

When making a post, please give us the Title, Author, brief overview, and a link or store where we can buy it. ​Please put the title of the book in the first line by itself. Alot of times I will be at the bookstore and can't remember some of the book names that I am interested in, so I will try and scroll through a thread trying to find the title of a book someone was talking about. Please try and keep this thread easy to read, so people will have no problems finding titles to hopefully add to their own libraries.

I will make this thread a sticky so that it will always be at the top and easy to find. If someone posts about a book that you have read and liked, rather than make a new post talking about the same book and how good it was just add your "THANKS" to the post. If a post about a certain book has alot of thanks we can all assume the book is good. This will help keep the thread clean and devoid of clutter. If you ladies want to have a discussion on a particular book, go make some tea and crumpets and have you discussion elsewhere.

Tex
    The Free Ebooks and PDFs thread formerly in "Members Only" has been merged into this excellent thread. Please add your favorites downloads. No posts which might be considered overtly dangerous, repugnant, or which might promote illegal or dangerous activities, or uncalled for attention from outside sources, please

The following downloads are culled from various sites. Some of those sites have many more free downloads; these are the ones which caught my attention. I do not vouch for the accuracy of any of the information in these articles/books, or necessarily endorse any of the viewpoints. Some of the other material on these sites, which I have chosen not to download, may contain material which I consider overtly dangerous, repugnant, or which might promote illegal or dangerous activities, or uncalled for attention from outside sources.

All downloads in this thread are set forth under the fair use doctrine and not for profit. There is no intent to infringe upon copyright. If there is copyright material linked to here, and you are the copyright holder, please inform me, and that link will be deleted immediately upon notice.

AmericanBTGoG
    Last edited by AmericanBTGoG; 12-17-2013, 06:24 AM. Reason: Merged into Tex's thread.
    "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

More, this time culled from preppersanonymous.com:

Where-There-is-No-Dentist

Where-There-Is-No-Doctor

Full-First-Aid-Manual-FM-2111

survival-personal-wilderness-medical-kit

Wound Closure Manual

Emergency War Surgery

Ditch-Medicine-Advanced-Field-Procedures-For-Emergencies-1993
    "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Noah's Archives large list of ebooks & PDFs.

Wow! Lots of PDFs, ebooks, articles, etc. Urban Prepper Chick

Free books and manuals Urban Prepping

Free info on survival medicine, hygiene, etc. at Urban Prepping
      Last edited by AmericanBTGoG; 12-06-2013, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Must Have Books

Having a thread dedicated solely to survival books was brought up a couple of days ago, so here it is. Let's please keep this thread about survival related books that have good and useful information. We may start a similar thread for PAW fiction up in that section, but let's please keep this thread about actual survival related books. If you have actually read the book and can vouch for its value, this is the place to make a post.

When making a post, please give us the Title, Author, brief overview, and a link or store where we can buy it. ​Please put the title of the book in the first line by itself. Alot of times I will be at the bookstore and can't remember some of the book names that I am interested in, so I will try and scroll through a thread trying to find the title of a book someone was talking about. Please try and keep this thread easy to read, so people will have no problems finding titles to hopefully add to their own libraries.

I will make this thread a sticky so that it will always be at the top and easy to find. If someone posts about a book that you have read and liked, rather than make a new post talking about the same book and how good it was just add your "THANKS" to the post. If a post about a certain book has alot of thanks we can all assume the book is good. This will help keep the thread clean and devoid of clutter. If you ladies want to have a discussion on a particular book, go make some tea and crumpets and have you discussion elsewhere.

Tex
        Last edited by Tex; 12-11-2013, 04:23 PM.
        = 2
        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

From modernsurvivalonline.com/ where there are many more downloads, as well as informative articles.

Kurt Saxon Weaponary Thoughts

Tactical Ready Guide

3 Day’s Emergency Preps

72 Hour Supplies

Emergency Supplies Checklist

Emergency Preparedness Checklist

To Flee or Not To Flee….That is the Question

Comment

Back to Basics.

I have the third addition, and it covers everything from Converting trees to lumber to soap making. I used the info in this book to build our compost bin.
            Last edited by Tex; 12-11-2013, 04:16 PM.

Comment

when-technology-fails-a-manual-for-self-reliance-and-planetary-survival.pdf

Julie, I think this is similar.

You probably know, but I strongly urge that, with all downloads, you keep real time malwire/virus protection and firewall activated.I've downloaded this and it hasn't caused me any problems.
              Last edited by AmericanBTGoG; 12-17-2013, 06:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

SAS Survival Guide

is one off the top of my head. It has lots of tips and wilderness living stuff in it. Even showing how to build a cabin!

Another one is Urban Survival Guide which is interesting also.
                Last edited by Tex; 12-11-2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

when-technology-fails-a-manual-for-self-reliance-and-planetary-survival.pdf

marine-corps-martial-arts.pdf

building-a-home-distillation-apparatus-a-step-by-step-guide.pdf

INTERESTING ARTICLE from an interesting site: How to Stock Your Food Storage With A Wholesale Account from prephappy.com/.

Comment

Mountainman Crafts and Skills
                    By David Montgomery

Is an illustrated guide to clothing, shelter, equipment and wilderness living.

This is a very cool old book put out in the early 1980's. There are patterns for making clothing out of leather, as well as instructions for building necessary items to get by when there is little to be had.

I borrowed this book from the Hostile Native's Mom, so I don't have a link for it. One could probably find it online with little trouble.

Thanks W.Lynn

Tex
                    Last edited by Tex; 12-18-2013, 03:03 PM.
                    = 2
                    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

The Complete Book of Tanning Skins and Furs
                      By James Churchill

The title pretty much sums it up. I haven't read completely through this book yet, but I have went over several chapters so far. It goes into great detail on the different processes to make leather and tan hides.

It is published by Stackpole Books

I picked it up at Hastings Books
                      $19.95

Tex
                      = 2
                      sigpic

Comment

Check out these sites for deals on new/used books:

Discover a wonderful selection of rare and collectible books, used copies, signed and first editions and more, from booksellers located around the world.

Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Top brands, low prices & free shipping on many items.

Kelly

Comment

Nuclear War Survival Skills

Is the book that I bought first when I became interested in the survival lifestyle in 1982 and is a very good book to own for future reference and to look through for all kinds of survival besides just nuclear survival. Here is the link to a free copy of it and there is also a pdf of it if I can find that. I also used the small pole shelter plans for the main room of my bunker / underground storm shelter >

www.oism.org/nwss
                          Last edited by Tex; 12-12-2013, 03:08 PM.
                          Tested in the Wilderness

Comment

How To Survive The End Of The World As We Know It.
                            By James Wesley Rawles

Tactics, Techniques and Technologies for Uncertain Times. Very good book that covers a lot of different topics. The book hits on almost every topic you can think of and a few you may have overlooked. As you can imagine, it's a pretty dry read, but the subject matter is good.

I bought mine at Hastings Books for $18.00

The Daily Web Log for Prepared Individuals Living in Uncertain Times

Tex
                            = 2
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X