Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forstchen's One Year After comes out 9-15-15.

Comment

Per ordered One Year after

Comment

How is it?

Comment

One year after ?? Leans more toward political than One Second after. PM me - I'll send it to you.

Comment

AA made me famous!!!! I'm sorry for not checking in very often lately but something happened to me at the Prepper Show this past weekend that I just had to tell yall about.

I saw a booth with a lady in it that was selling her book. I walked up and asked her what her book was about. Her name is DJ Cooper and the book is Dystopia The Beginning of the End. It's about a prepper group getting ready and how they handle things when it does happen.

ANYWAY........ I asked her if she ever read any other prepper type books and she said yes. I asked her if she had read any of AA's books and she started smiling and said that she has read all 6 of them. She went on and on about how much she loves his books and the characters in them. She said the wait in between his books just killed her. I then asked her if she recalled a character named Gena. She said of course she knew Gena and loved her. At that point, I am grinning like a fool and told her that I was Gena. She was so excited to meet ME!!! I tell ya, that was a moment for me. My friends that were with me thought I was so cool. All of my friends and family knows that I am in them but to see someone know who I am really impressed my friends and even Batman thinks I am a celebrity now.

When she signed my book, this is what she signed....."So great to meet you Gena, loved your character - huge fan here" Ha Ha, how about that???

She told me that she does a radio show and that a lot of her listeners have read AA's books and they will know exactly who Gena is when she tells them that she got to meet me at the prepper show. How about that???

Now I don't know if she really will mention me on her upcoming show? You can tune in at 9pm EST tomorrow (Wednesday night) and see. The address is:

She was a really cool lady and I just had to tell everyone my story. I hate to toot my own horn unless it is totally necessary and I think this is one of those times. Toot, toot!!

Hope everyone is well.
            I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

That's VERY cool Gena. Did she ask for your autograph? What would you have done if she said something like "that's the only character that I don't like"?
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

I'd like to recommend this guide-book. It covers all of the hazardous chemicals that are transported. If you've ever seen a semi-truck with a diamond shaped placard on it, and wondered what those number meant, or what sort of nasties were inside the truck, then this is the book for you. It will also tell you how far/fast to run in the event the stuff gets out (e.g., truck accident). For some of that stuff, you really do want to start running, and not stop until you're in the next state.

phmsa.dot.gov/staticfiles/PHMSA/DownloadableFiles/Files/Hazmat/ERG2016.pdf

Dave

Comment

Dave, the real threat comes from grocery store & walmart trucks. You see, when a load only has an amount of ammonia that does NOT require a caution placard, and an amount of bleach that does NOT require a placard, and an amount of fertilizer, camp stove fuel, etc, guess what? It can ALL of it be on the same load, and still no placard!
                  quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Ain't that the truth! One of our sayings was that "A truck load of 'nothing' will kill you just as dead as a truck load of explosives.". And, we dealt with both, and just about everything in between. Still, when you roll up on a box semi-truck with a 3105 placard at 4AM on a July morning, with a liquid dripping out of the back of the box, the pucker factor gets awfully high. It seems that there were two 55 gallon drums of "Organic Peroxide" in the back of the truck, on wooden pallets, and the fool fork-lift operator had speared one of the drums with a tine on the fork-lift, causing a slow leak, which had contaminated the pallet, as well as most of the rest of the cardboard boxes in the back of the truck.

I spent 8.5 years, as a volunteer, on a local governmental emergency response crew, in a small rural county. We didn't have a lot of resources, but we were called in for most haz-mat incidents, as well as a variety of other incidents (airplane crash, severe weather, water contamination, search and rescue, search and recovery (YUCK!), etc.). That was back in the 1980s, though, and I've probably forgotten more details than I remember by now.

Dave

Comment

Read Animal Farm recently after avoiding it for what seemed like an eternity. And I have to say it was an amazing allegory of how power changes people.

Comment

Working...
                      X