X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Prepper's Pocket Companion
    By Kate Rowinski

A nice small book that is made tough to withstand being carried around in your pack. Not as in depth as some books, but quite a bit of very useful information. I imagine that my copy will end up in my pack for those times I may need some quick information. I would buy this book to hand out.

I bought my copy at Hastings Books for $14.95

View All Skyhorse Books Explore Books Skyhorse Publishing’s Imprints The... Read More

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

A True Classic (full book PDF) TAPPAN ON SURVlVAL by Mel Tappan
      "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

RAGNAR'S URBAN SURVIVAL pdf

Benson-Modern Survival Retreat pdf
        Last edited by AmericanBTGoG; 12-18-2013, 01:00 AM.
        "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

I don't know if this is a must have book, but since it is free right now I thought I would pass it on.

MAYBE we should start a "Free Book Thread" for temporary specials like this.

Prepping 101 by Robert Paine on Kindle

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	126047
          Last edited by DMH; 03-09-2014, 05:06 PM.
          Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Where's the link blonde?

I will help you out
            Last edited by AD; 03-09-2014, 07:04 PM.

Comment

There's a daily list of free-to-cheap Kindle downloads at Pam's Pride Recommendations. Pam used to specifically break out the freebies, but ran into some static with Amazon. Now, you need to click on the book and you'll see the Amazon page and the price.

Comment

Does "free" to "kinda cheap" equate to "must have"?

Comment

Originally posted by unseenone View Post
                  In one case thats a big Affirmative,

What bought our attention to Going Home was the fact that is was on the "$4.95 First in a Series sale" at Audible.com, might never have found my way here if not for that.

Comment

I stand corrected! !

Comment

Originally posted by unseenone View Post
                      Nah, you know it doesn't. It can equate to digging through junk at an estate sale, and stumbling across something worthwhile. But, I also think Pam culls down the daily sales rather vigorously.

Comment

A Prepping Manual: Preparing for the Worst (.pdf)

via Silver Doctors
                        Last edited by AmericanBTGoG; 03-26-2014, 04:28 AM.

Comment

A duffel full of a variety of cheap-to-free novels of different types and reading levels could be very valuable, if you were stuck in a crowded shelter with bored females wanting to read the trashy romances my sisters always liked, or some hotrod magazines for gear heads to look through. No one wants to be in a crowded shelter, but if things got hot, it'd be better than nothing.
                          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Tom Baugs books

I've nearly finished reading his 2009 title, "Starving the Monkeys" and have only put it down because I've been laughing so hard!

No offense Angry American but this is THE single best book I've seen in quite some time.

Comment

Thanks, Ski. I just ordered it.

Tex
                              = 2
                              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

I have that book and got about 2/3rds through it. I must admit I got weary of the caveman analogies pretty quick and struggled with it because of that.

JM2C (just my 2 coppers),
                                Kelly

Comment

Working...
                                X