My New PAW Book soon to be ready...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New PAW Book soon to be ready...

After a long road of writing, editing and yet more editing I am almost ready to launch my book!

It's not quite in the same genre as AA's Going Home genre. It's more PAW Sci Fi but should have something for everyone.

Here's a sneak peak at the cover:

Sneak Peak inside.

Chapter 8 - The Coming Storm

At the western gateway there was only one guard as the other had gone to grab body armor stored in his home. Over at the other gateways they had already zealously closed their gates and rolled the barrier trucks in place totally locking-down any way in or out. At the western gateway two townsmen began pushing their barrier truck to do the same when Barber - sharp as a knife - pulled forward.

His leading pick-up blocked the barrier wagon and nudged against the gates preventing the slide-beams from aligning. The gate-commander Glyndon began waving his weapon around at Barbers head and screamed for him to reverse. There was a mixture of panic and wild anxiety on his face, contrasting with Barbers ice-cool calm.
    The rest of the convoy now lined up behind in waiting vehicles and some of the passengers now aimed their weapons from side-windows at Glyndon. The two other townspeople stopped pushing the truck and it rolled short, now they watched as a sudden stand-off commenced. Neither of them tried to reach for their weapons, both knowing to do so would be unwise.
    Glyndon had a passionate way about him though and felt his lock-down plan had been upstaged by Barber's move. He saw the weapons now aimed from the vehicles behind Oakley’s and a cooling effect came over him.
    “Easy now son.” Oakley cautioned. “You pull that trigger and you follow him into the next world.” Oakley said firmly with eyes like a cold shark on Glyndon. He was not aiming his drawn revolver at Glyndon but held it low at his waist, ready to fire across Barber and through the doorway if need be. He staged the trigger somewhat, ready for the horror show. Glyndon hesitated, noticing now several weapons pointed at him from the other vehicles as Oakley spoke on.

“Now we're gonna push your gates open nice and easy without damaging them, then you can lock this place down!” Oakley spoke loud as more gunshots were coming from the other side of the town.
    “You're cowards. Leaving us during an attack.” Glyndon muttered, starting to see reason all the same.

“Not cowards! Free men not wanting to be trapped like rats.” Chided Oakley. “We've already been prisoners once in a town and I won't let that happen again!”

“We're in trouble right now can't you see that?” Glyndon whined still holding the weapon but it now was less direct at Barber.

“If you're in real trouble I give you my word we'll come back to help. NOW LOWER THAT ******* GUN!” Oakley shouted as more echoing gunfire blasted from the tower.

Chapter 10

“Surrender?” Charrak asked bluntly. Simon shook his head throwing the white flag to a Dogsoldier who caught it.
    “No, they will resist my Lord.” He said making a brief bow of the head in respect. “A Sheriff leads the town along with a civilian Mayor. They claim to be part of the ISTAR. I could not sway them to surrender.” Simon answered, going into further details about the exchange.

The Lord of the Tribe focused his grim stare at the distant trees, walls and tower.

“It matters not what they think they are, I'll have their town no matter what. Send out the body-truck when ready.” He ordered Simon. As the siege began he looked lustily at the distant town that defied him.
    “Oh, you'll be mine. If I have to pile up corpses at the walls and reduce it to rubble you'll be mine!” He declared, shouting out his venom towards the town to the west. The preppers and survivalists in Redmond had learned their lesson, so would Tonswater.
    Last edited by Watch Ryder; 11-14-2013, 08:08 AM. Reason: Title Edit

Looks good, WR. I look forward to reading it.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Promotional Video:

Comment

Enjoyed it.
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Cheers DM.

This final draft I'm working on is massively improved and tweaked.

Comment

Here it is, ready willing and able!

I just hope it goes up like Flash Gordon's rocket ship!!

http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Hold-Terras-Edge-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B00GNTUNA4

Comment

Radio Show interview!

I ramble away in the wind...

Comment

Finally got the video promotion for the actual book done and dusted!

Comment

If any have wondered where I have been, I have mainly been reading WR's great book. Even helping him with it in whatever way I am able.

And I actually very very seldom read online books, mainly paper books and mainly on my mtn place especially on rainy or snowy days.

I truly like this "Mountain Hold" book. I likely will read it more than once. Not simply because it is good writing and very interesting to what my favorite subjects are, mainly BOLs, remote mtn survival retreats and even bunkers but I think this book, unlike most fantasy / fictional stories is based on a REAL place, even a few real people in Wyoming. All about that for now but I do hope that many will read the Mountain Hold since it is very unique and has much survival info etc. I don't think I have ever read a book with so much info on all kinds of guns throughout.

I also hope many will not be put off by the unusual subject, chimeras etc. They should suspend their disbelief and take it for what it is which is a very interesting survival story about a town etc. surviving raiders with some Very interesting characters. I think of this book Mountain Hold, as an R rated Hobbit or Lord of the Rings book.

Btw, towards the end of the year I hope to have created a new pic thread where I show with many pics, what I did last summer, even until almost Nov. I am having trouble getting 40 of the pics off of my cell / tracfone since the pics sent to my email are far too small. But I will eventually make some kind of good hopefully interesting new pic thread about my own Mountain Hold. Later. Mike
                  Last edited by Rocky Mtn Mike; 12-04-2013, 09:38 AM.
                  Tested in the Wilderness

Comment

Thanks Mike, 'R-Rated Lord of the Rings' sounds quite a good analogy, I like that!

Comment

Well this is the latest buzz update:

I was invited onto a radio show and asked questions about the book I'd published.
                      Some were quite controversial questions and it was all I could do but tell it like it is!

Comment

Part 2 now uploaded...

Comment

Latest book cover for Mountain Hold:

Comment

Working...
                          X