Anyone use a LEM 10 tray Stainless Steel Dehydrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use a LEM 10 tray Stainless Steel Dehydrator

Anyone use this dehydrator? Looking for SS unit and trays.

I've used plastic dehydrators, and never failed to be disappointed!

As a result, I have been looking for wire mesh trays that don't cost a fortune, in hopes of building my own.

Even a small light bulb is plenty of heat, and a larger fan of the sort used in computers will move enough air, just make sure it's not flat on a solid surface, where it's guaranteed to work it's hardest and move the least amount of air.

Also put some kind of shield over the bulb. Heat rises, so you want the bulb in the bottom. A shield is easier to clean than broken bulbs.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I just bookmarked their parts page for the shelves, and might end up with some if I can't find some with smaller holes.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

They have them at several outlets including

and

There is one at our local SWH and I am thinking about getting that one.

Comment

Hey AD,
          I know you want a stainless one. I can't tell you anything about those but mine is an Excaliber 9 tray. The fan is at the back so there is no rotating involved. Things dry pretty evenly in it. The frames can go in the dishwasher but the mesh racks are plastic. They are easy to clean. Just throw them in a sink of soapy water & rinse off. I have used mine a lot with no problems. They are great. No more glass bottles to break. Getting started is kind of expensive. You have to buy a vac sealer, good quality sealing bags, oxygen absorbers & mylar bags. Then it is pretty easy sailing from there. I sometimes skip the mylar bags (they are expensive) and wrap my sealed stuff in aluminum foil to keep the light out.
          I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

I have considered using my GQF Sportsman cabinet incubator as a dehydrator when it wasn't incubating eggs. Of course it would need to be really sanitized although I thoroughly clean it after each hatching and it looks as new as it did four or five years ago when I bought it.

I have one of those round plastic dehydrators that I use now and it doesn't hold enough, hard to clean, seems to warp a bit and has only one heat setting.
            Kessler
            I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
            INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Over the next few months I will report on the LEM. We bought one.

Comment

Working...
              X