Plume (Penguin) edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plume (Penguin) edition

I'm reading through the ones I bought at the store, and wondering what the going rate is for proofreaders.

I want to mark this up with a highlighter and send it back to them. But I'm going to behave. I could understand if they stumbled over something unfamiliar about a medical or weapon related fact (and good going on the near-amputation with the chainsaw btw, bleeding really IS worse when there's still a little bit of a connection!)

Pros missing the quite/quiet thing though? I ran across a few more, and stopped to vent a little bit online.

Seriously man, get a Penguin stooge in here to talk to me, I've been getting bored - they can put me to work, and I can make them look good.
    quam minimum credula postero

Thanks Lynn, I'll point it out them, actually I'll send them this little love note.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Go right ahead, they've had enough other love note$ from me over the years.

Comment

I noticed that too. I'm also finding typo's in the 3rd book.

When I published my book, I hired a proofreader and paid her some $$ to ensure things read right and spellings were correct, etc. Well she missed a bunch and it was a friend of mine who corrected it for me. I had a second set of books published with the corrections.

Anyhoo, I can edit copy too and probably do a lot better than most. It's always different though trying to proof your own stuff vs. proofing someone else's stuff, which is generally why you hire out.

Comment

Yep, we pick on AA a little from time to time, just to remind him we still love him, but it really is near impossible for most folks to correct their own writing.

And I've seen worse, far worse, than what I've seen from AA. And he gets some doozies, since he throws in everything, military, medical, weapons, mental health, crops/livestock, HAM radio, solar power, and so on.

Comment

I have no control over the penguin books. They know they're there, I've sent spreadsheets, but since people still buy them, they won't fix them!
            I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

That ain't on you. This thread is three years old, and was revived by one of the newer folks. I responded to their comment.

Comment

That's who I was replying to. We all know what's going on.
                I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Makes it harder to read. They should fix them. After all, it's not like they have to retype the whole book.. LOL. They're just lazy. Still loving the series!

And if you want someone to proof your next book before you send it off to them, I'm happy to do it.
                  Last edited by Valliam13; 09-01-2016, 09:21 AM.

Comment

We've gone down that road before - there are still so many opportunities for things to go awry.

Comment

Working...
                    X