Thread: Amazon Reviews worth noting

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,079 Posts

Amazon Reviews worth noting

Surviving Home (Going Home)

As of the date of this post, there are some 303 reviews of Book I posted on Amazon. Some are less than flattering, but some others are absolutely priceless. You'll enjoy reading many of these reviews. Average 4+ stars.

It would be great if you could post a review if you haven't done so, as it really helps.
    G. Michael Hopf would like to thank each and everyone of those that posted reviews, good, bad or indifferent. There is a special place on this board for some of you.

A couple of examples;

I loved this novel: The End - A Post Apocalyptic Novel by G. Michael Hopf and gave it 5 stars. A remarkable piece of writing. Very engaging and mature literary work. Reads like an accomplished author wrote it. Strong character development and multiple storylines that mesh well. I strongly recommend this novel for anyone who likes Clancy or other military thrillers. The book flows like that. This is money well spent. Couldn't put it down.

I read the sample portion of this on Thursday and ordered it. I finished it at 3AM this morning. I have not done that in years.
    This fits in with reading Tom Sherry's "Deep Winter" series as it is what's happening in Southern California with that EMP. It reminds me of "One Second After" in some aspects also.

If you like either of the other books mentioned above, I think this will hook you. It's very well making you know the people, and what's happening.

Very good book - the only problem I have with it - the next book is not published yet. I need to know what happens next.

As a connoisseur of post-apocalyptic novels, it surprises me when one, well, surprises me. The expected shooting, mayhem, struggle for food and water in the case of collapse is predictably here (that's the genre, after all) what surprised me was the realism of the characters. The protagonist is not the 100% good guy forced into a survival situation, his personal faults and prejudices are apparent and make him all the better for them.

The other reason I loved this book was the detail put into the initial collapse. So often in the genre we get no more than a brief summary of a war, a viral outbreak, or whatever and the authors jump to the meat of the story. Here, we get the lead up, the punch, and the reaction.

I eagerly await the second book. I am glad I didn't stumble on this gem sooner so I don't have so long to wait!

Absolutely horrifying. The author does a great job of making you feel like you are in the novel... like it could be real. I can't stop thinking and dreaming about this dang book. Makes me glad I married a marine. Can't wait for the rest of the series.
    Last edited by unseenone; 08-15-2013 at 10:39 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to unseenone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Those who do take the time to review the book on Amazon, thank you. It helps in so many ways. First, it helps us Indie authors, second it allows you to share your thoughts and views with millions of others and third, your review helps shape and expand what books people will see and eventually read. Amazon have very complex algorithms, the more positive reviews the more the book is promoted by them. If you love a book and want to see it carry forth, place a review. - G. Michael

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMichaelHopf For This Useful Post: