This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forums

If you are having trouble getting into the new forum, use the contact button, or use this link to send a password request to your e-mail.

If you do not get it, send a contact request here... and include your phone number if you like so we can call you if needed otherwise we will manually send you a temporary password.

http://angeryamerican.net/contact

If you have problems we'll do our best to fix it..

A bit about how we protect your privacy.

A decision was made to not use google analytics on this web site, despite it being a key service that can be implemented. Too many companies already track your every move, we will do our best to make your experience fun, and spy free.

We may offer products from time to time, through Amazon or other merchants. We will NOT provide your information to any company, or individual.

We do not log chats, once it scrolls off the screen it is gone.

We limit open access to this forum, some areas of the board can be read without an account. If you do not want exposure there, do not post in those areas.

We limit access to profile / user information to users with an account. You can limit access to that information with a number of choices in your profile.

We limit Guest access to recent activity to those forums which are publicly readable.

We will limit advertising on this site as much as possible, and may offer subscriptions to defray the costs of software, maintenance, hosting & upgrades.

Hey we're looking out for folks here... that's its.. if you're just snooping around or here for nefarious reasons, be aware, we snoop back.
    Last edited by angeryamerican; 08-28-2013, 06:02 PM.

Looks ike a decent policy so far. Nothing should be cast in cement as things will change as the bugs get shook out.
    sic semper tyrannis mortem
    A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
    ---Proverbs 2:23

Comment

Got my vote of approval.
      If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

This may cause people to throw rocks at me, but I actually like the advertising on some boards. Like over on SB, the ads seem to mimick the theme of the board and I have actually found several items that I didn't realize I was interested in. If it comes down to it, I wouldn't mind seeing some ads. I also would not be opposed to helping pay for this site either. I've told AA that several times. Whatever y'all decide is fine with me, but do let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Tex
        = 2
        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

I don't mind a few of the right kind of ads either. Useful stuff kind of ads, companies we'd go out of our way to support anyway, etc.

Same for memberships, not to be anything special, just to support a resource.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Ditto the above
            Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

I ditto DMH's ditto.
              I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Whatta we got here? A bunch of ditto heads! :P
                sic semper tyrannis mortem
                A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
                ---Proverbs 2:23

Comment

This is pretty basic. We want to protect your privacy to the extent we can. We also will seek out and shit can any undesirables, read that spammers or other bots.
                  I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

And spooks, though many gov't employees (including spooks) would certainly be welcome if they leave work at the office, and just hang out with us.

Spooks & JBTs is people too, mostly. I've met decent ones (and I've met a few of the others, creep me out.)
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Don't forget pirates....
                      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Anyone that signs up from fakebook and wants to change their username, pm me with with a couple choices and I can change it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by tortminder View Post
                          Whatta we got here? A bunch of dildo heads! :P
                          there tort fixed it for ya! lol sorry couldn't resist! unseenone, feel free to delete it if you think it may offend someone
                          According to my watch the time is now
                          Past is dead and gone
                          Don't try to shake it just nod your head
                          Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                            this may cause people to throw rocks at me, but i actually like the advertising on some boards. Like over on sb, the ads seem to mimick the theme of the board and i have actually found several items that i didn't realize i was interested in. If it comes down to it, i wouldn't mind seeing some ads. I also would not be opposed to helping pay for this site either. I've told aa that several times. Whatever y'all decide is fine with me, but do let me know if there is anything that i can do to help.

Tex
                            bad tex
                            .../
                            throw-rocks.gif
                            You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                            Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

There isn't much point in mentioning it here, as the affected can't see the post anyway. There was some glitch effecting logged in users, and their cookie got corrupted. As a result, they get an error and can't get to the web site. The solution is to clear the cookie for this site. In the mean time, we are working on some type of server side solution.

If you know anyone having issues, have them try that or be patient while we try to resolve the issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X