This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by angeryamerican View Post
    shot placement vinnie, i took one down with a .38 snubby, shot it right behind the ear, didn't even oink, just fell over dead.
    shot placement my ass. Running throught the dense vines and briars of my woods while chasing the pig in the predawn dark... I didnt have the luxury of walking up on it in a pen. Im actually fairly convinced that these light weight hydro-shocks were bouncing off the skull
    Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

• He is only 8 and not interested in shooting in the least. Its my 5 year old daughter that like to shoot. And she will be doing varmit duty in a year or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmericanBTGoG View Post
        Gena, you are being mean!

Kessler.....the only blend that I partake in almost daily, smooth as silk.
        Kessler.....my Jack Russell Terror's name
        Kessler.....the name I go by on most forums
        Kessler
        I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
        INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

• LOL Vin... You need to write a book about your adventures, ya know that? Glad all worked out man....
          Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

• Vincent, you ok? Don't hear too much from you nowadays. Hope all is well.
            Kessler
            I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
            INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

• Yeah kes, i'm around and good. Been camping all weekend. I only come on during the day mon-friday. I have been staying off the internet and computer in general while at home with the family.

Kess are you and momma and the boy interested in comeing over for a bbq ? I got a hog at the butcher and we are planing on having a day of shooting and eating if you and a few others are interested.

Comment

• Well, aint that a fine "Howdy Do". Kessler gets invited over for a bbq, but does Tex? Oh NOOOOOO. I must not be good enough company for the high and mighty Vincent.

Just giving you a hardtime, Vincent. A bbq on a fresh hog does sound very good.

How is the rest of the homestead doing?

Tex
                = 2
                sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

• The baby goat seems to be pulling through, but there is a young female that isnt. Shes still got the shits, and apparently she also has something called "bottle neck" or somesuch. Where her face becomes very swollen in the evenings. They said to worm her as its one specific type of worm that causes this. But ive wormed her twice and no effect. I need to get some ivomec-shot form because the paste isnt cutting it.

Oh, and you have an open invite, but i know you wont ever bother to show up. I doubt you could get away.

We did lose a chicken or two this weekend when we went camping because i had to leave them out all weekend long. but i caught a raccon this morning. added him to the pile.

Comment

• You dork. Start skinning them and saving the hides. Call me and I will teach you how to skin them so that you can sell the hide or work it and make something useful. Mkae your kids a coonskin cap, or make JTJT one of those fur bikinis like Raquel Welch wore in that caveman movie.

If you dont need much of the Ivomec, just go get one dose from your vet. You need to make damn sure you get the dosage right though as the Ivomec can cause an animal to go blind if they are given too much. Also, when you use the injectable Ivomec yu can simply squirt it in the back of their mouth rather than do a regular injection. If you do inject it though, remember that it goes under the skin and not in the muscle.

And I know I'm invited to the BBQ. I just felt like giving you a hard time. You are right though, I probably won't be making it to Florida anytime in the next decade or two. I much prefer to leave that place be. When I left there I made sure that I didn't leave anything behind I may need. I do hope that you and the family can make it out next summer though.

Tex
                    = 2
                    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

• JTJT and i were discussing it this weekend. while we were camping for 3 days in the pouring rain! she needs to take the 8 yr old out to a mensa convention(no seriously) around the same time, so it may be me and the 2 youngest. not sure how thats gonna fly as i dont really want to spend all my time watching the kidlets when i wanting to be playing with the grown up kidlets
                      Last edited by VINCENT; 11-18-2013, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• We can give them a kitten and lock them in the stocktrailer. They should be fine. LOL.
                        I had to go and catch some wild cattle one time and didn't have anyone to watch my daughter, so I took her with me. When we got to where the cattle were I put her and a cowdog puppy in the stocktrailer and went and caught the cattle. Whe I got back a little while later they were both dirty from playing, but otherwise just fine.

Tex
                        = 2
                        sigpic

Comment

• The ratio of adults to kids will be outstanding. Just promise them they have a bazillion aunts and uncles to help swat bottoms, reload the plinkers, go catching tadpoles with, etc.
                          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

• Vincent-what kind of goats?
                            Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

• I dont remember what she is. Little stubby ears
                              small like a boer. But not a boer

Comment

• Originally posted by southernmom View Post
                                Vincent-what kind of goats?
                                Well, SouthernMom, I'm sure you have heard of Fainting Goats. Vincent has refined the breed tremendously during his tenure as a gentleman farmer. He seems to have developed his own very rare breed of goat called the Lake County Dying Goat. They are very rare and quite elusive. So far goat researchers from around the world have only been able to locate one very small herd located on a ten acre homestead in the Lake County, Florida vicinity. According to livestock biologists reports, the few remaining goats of this breed are dying off at an alarming rate and they will on become extinct. Efforts are underway to try and save the breed, but they are under the care of one love starved farmer who simply refuses to let in biologists and experts in the field of animal husbandry. According to the lonely love starved farmer, "Aint nobody a gonna git betwixt me and my wimminfolk". Experts are at a loss as to what to do at this point.

God, save the goats.

Tex
                                = 2
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X