No announcement yet.

Morgans pack list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll try and get another post done on the other gear CD, if you have a specific question feel free to ask.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

I have a question.

Did I win
      Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

No specific question just looking for ideas of things I haven't thought of.

Comment

Originally posted by VINCENT View Post
          I have a question.
          Did I win
          Yes! The grand prize is a broken wrist and damaged ACL. Congrats!
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Sleeping bag system came today. Just what I wanted . Put the patrol bag inside the bivy. The cold weather bag is to be stored until colder weather gets here.

Comment

Anyone know what all was in the maxped devil dog?

Comment

these books were the inspiration for my bag..i got the ilbe bag from cheaper than dirt...its huge and comfortable to carry when adjusted...its ready to go

Comment

I have been curious about those. One thing that has kept me from looking too closely is the weight of the pack itself. I still need to figure out a better bag for the one in my car. 35 miles with what I have won't be fun if I got caught at work.

Comment

Just received my Grill-i-put & firebowl this week. I used to pack for camping on a motorcycle... and this grill would've been PERFECT. I need to pull out all the camping gear soon, and review what we have/don't have.

Comment

I've taken a serious look at all the posts here and the information about Morgans pack from Mr. Angry American.
                      Gonna add some polish for all of ya. Details man. Details.
                      Lemme git to my photobucket account first. May be a day or so.

Comment

IM heading to Chicago for a week but after Im back I will also throw some polishing touches and give a bit of a higher end review on some gear that I think will help people out a bunch who are wanting to throw together a Get home Bag. Only thing I do not have = or greater than is the NVG's still saving for them.

Comment

The first concern I believe is water. The next is pack arrangement and weight distribution.
                          Hanging his canteens on the outside of his pack is not a real good idea. Sooner or later they will be damaged or lost entirely and the next concern is the weight issue.
                          My own experience has been that with the suspension systems on the CFP 90 or any of the modern packs from Eberlestock, Mystery Ranch or Kifaru most of the weight will be on my hips with the waistbelt properly adjusted. My bladdesr are in the inside pouch next to me and very low in that compartment.
                          The simple physics of having that particular weight real close to my lower back and with an even lower center of gravity makes it much easier to dodge ill mannered dogs, duck under timber or brush, rappel, or navigate uneven terrain.
                          I doubt Morgan had to ski or snowshoe with his pack but you get the point??

Really important guys.

Comment

Shelter is beyond important! Now? Don't get me wrong. A poncho, an REI tarp, the bug net and the hammock will work.
                            I did this many moons ago actually in north west Florida as part of an "FTX" in one of those fun "Backpacking Clubs" so many young men often find themselves in. Blackwater. We were wet the entire two weeks.
                            NOT optimal though guys. A fully enclosed, water and wind tight shelter with a real high bathtub floor and an additional bug net would serve Morgan much better. Keeps snakes and the rest of the varmints down there out so he can at least get a decent nights sleep.
                            Super quick and easy to set up too.

Comment

As both my wife and me are Vets, and have damage to our spines and backs. I am building a roller with a couple of large bike tires to put our packs on, As we both are north of 56yrs old with the damage, packing out is just not realistic. So once I get the the roller finished I will post some pics of it. I hope we dont have to bug out but if we do, the roller will lets go. Sincewe are now living by our daughter and her husband(she knows to be ready and what to do). We would all go together.

Comment

kscmac, I totally agree with you on the cart, being a few years older than you. Aging definitely means re-thinking a lot of tasks, and the smartest way to accomplish them. We plan to motor our way with a very able pickup truck, towing an EMP resistant (and totally beefed up) jeep. May not work out - but from that bit - we can adapt to situations.

I could probably pack 20-40 lbs, but I'm gonna need more than a tarp/sleeping bag on the ground to rest up.

Comment

Working...
                                X