No announcement yet.

Morgans pack list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday I'm headed out for training and will be 4 hrs away from home. Trying to pattern my pack after Morgan's. Any ideas other than those mentioned ?

Comment

Where are you heading? 4 hours by car, is about 200 miles or so right? That's almost the distance Morgan traveled in the book.

Comment

Headed to a Glock Armorer School.

Comment

You will love it. The best thing besides the "grip" you learn to take down the pistol, is that you get to buy at discounted prices not only parts but guns as well.

Comment

I know you know about water filters. Water is most important, guns come next. Be sure to have a good filter/purifier with you. If TSHF, stay to the back roads and don't forget your map. Just to be safe, you better pack everything but the kitchen sink. Good luck, I know I am always nervous to be away from home.
            Last edited by Gena.KY; 05-01-2014, 02:38 PM. Reason: db
            I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Got my Katadyn Hiker Pro. Just know I'm forgetting something.

Comment

Originally posted by angeryamerican View Post
                GB, I used mine this weekend to cook on, grilled a nice trout. Don't know why it took so long to put together, maybe cause you're upside down there in the land of Oz. It is a cool piece though and I use mine a lot.
                I just received mine as well - very nice - so much more cooking space than the standard hiking grills.
                But, have you tried/found anything to quiet the rattle of the pieces inside the tube?
                'All it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing.'

Comment

I've never noticed any rattle. If it were me I'd think a packing peanut stuffed in the top would quiet it.
                  I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Stuff it with lint, or a spare cleaning rag.

Comment

So....what's in the side pockets?

Edited to add: I have several of the Lifestraws in my GHB. These probably aren't sufficient, huh?

Comment

Is this thread continued somewhere else? The gear included in the side pockets does not appear here.....
                        Bumper
                        Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Comment

i couldn't find any updates either

Comment

What about a sleeping bag? Mentioned in book but don't see it in the article.

Comment

Furthermore...

Sleeping bag is part of the Military ECWS Sleep System. The entire system consists of 1. GOR-TEX Bivy Shell, 2. Cold Weather Sleeping Bag, 3. Mild Weather "patrol bag" by itself good to about 30 degrees F. All three combined are rate to well below zero degrees. In the book, the patrol bag and the GOR-TEX Bivy shell were mentions as were a Military Poncho and the Poncho Liner (aka "woobie"). That's a lot of gear, but perfect in that environment.

Futhermore, used systems in a variety of conditions can be had for $75 to $120. New they are in the $325-$375 range. Sportsman's Guide has similar style but I have not used these and don't know their ratings/quality.
                              Last edited by BePrepared533; 09-01-2014, 10:59 PM. Reason: forgot on thin

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant I didn't see it in the equipment list for Morgans Bag Part 1 or 2. But thanks for the explanation. I went online today and found one for about $60.

Comment

Working...
                                X