Clear All

• AmericanBTGoG
    replied
    Thanks, BTW.

Leave a comment:

• AmericanBTGoG
    replied
    Originally posted by southernmom View Post
    Just talked to my buddy-he's sold out of Tifton bales as of today, I'd get what you can from Brooksville or try Webster Farm Supply. He says it will be awhile before he cuts again.
    Yeah, its on. Gonna get about 100 and wait a month or so to see what develops in the market. This guy sez he has 10k as of now.

Leave a comment:

• AmericanBTGoG
    replied
    Originally posted by MillenniumMan View Post
    HAhahahahahahahahaaaaa........... Are we thinking about the same one?
    Prolly. Near suburban Mabel and Stoned Ridge. Where that weird hippy store used to be.

Leave a comment:

• southernmom
    replied
    Just talked to my buddy-he's sold out of Tifton bales as of today, I'd get what you can from Brooksville or try Webster Farm Supply. He says it will be awhile before he cuts again.

Leave a comment:

• southernmom
    replied
    Originally posted by MillenniumMan View Post
    Yes, the one with the hellified Botanica. (haven't been in it, just seen it from the road)

Leave a comment:

• MillenniumMan
    replied
    Originally posted by AmericanBTGoG View Post
    its straight shot on 50 to beautiful metropolitan Mascotte

Leave a comment:

• southernmom
    replied
    We might be closer than you think.

I think $7.25 delivered is pretty good. I have a friend who might have it for $7 delivered, he's close by in Tarrytown if you are interested.

Leave a comment:

• AmericanBTGoG
    replied
    Thanks. Brooksville is where we are panicking. Looks like $7.25 long bale (3 string) delivered is what we'll have to jump on then. No way to deal with round at this time. BTW, if Oka - CH is your locale, you're not too awfully far from us. From Brooksville, its straight shot on 50 to beautiful metropolitan Mascotte, and hang a left.

Leave a comment:

• southernmom
    replied
    Well the price is $7 for square, $60 round and as far as for now there is NO shortage. I have seen fields cut this season about 4 or more times each-and up near the villages it's been cut several times. (they complain about the dust during bailing, believing that?). The fields out near here, and between center hill to okahumpka are FULL of round bales
    If you can't get lucky with hay out near Lake, try Sumter county and over near Brooksville. They are stocked up to from what I see/hear.

Leave a comment:

• AmericanBTGoG
    replied
    That would be fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• southernmom
    replied
    I have a friend who cuts Tifton over in Lake County-there's a good bit is all I know. I can get details if you need them.

Leave a comment:

• AmericanBTGoG
    replied
    MM, over in Hernando, they're asking (the few who have to sell) between $5 -$7.50/bale when buying between 100-200 long bales at a time. Load and truck yourself. You wouldn't happen to know what's it like in the Lake Cty area?
    Last edited by AmericanBTGoG; 12-07-2013, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AD
    replied
    You mean Timothy-grass

Leave a comment:

• MillenniumMan
    replied
    According to the Farmers Almanac:

DECEMBER 2013:
    temperature 61° (2° below avg.); precipitation 1.5" (1" below avg.); Dec 1-5: Sunny, cool; Dec 6-11: T-storms, then sunny, cold; Dec 12-16: Scattered t-storms, warm; Dec 17-20: Sunny, cool; Dec 21-24: Scattered showers, warm; Dec 25-31: Showers, cool.

JANUARY 2014: temperature 63° (3° above avg.); precipitation 2.5" (2" below avg. north, 2" above south); Jan 1-9: T-storms, then sunny, cool; Jan 10-20: Scattered t-storms, warm; Jan 21-26: Sunny, warm; Jan 27-30: T-storms, then sunny, cool; Jan 31: Sunny, warm.

Annual Weather Summary: November 2013 to October 2014

Winter will be colder than normal, with rainfall below normal in northern and central counties and above normal in the south. The coldest temperatures will occur in early November, early to mid-December, and in late January.
    April and May will be hotter and rainier than normal, especially in the south.

Hate to rain on your parade Rim_Shot_emoticon.gif While it's going to be ideal to grow, it won't have time to dry out properly.

Leave a comment:

• AmericanBTGoG
    replied
    Yeah, that's what some are saying -- its been too wet.
    Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
    We've had plenty more precip than the last few years here in central Tx already, if the el niño/la niña pattern is consistent, we may be in for cold and wet winter, while others may not get their usual amount of snowfall.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X