Recommend A First Aid Kit for Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend A First Aid Kit for Church

Our church is awakening to the increase in mass casualty events, and I've suggested that we should have medical supplies on hand for that possibility. My problem in looking for a "first aid kit" is that most of them are aimed at patching a cut finger or soothing an insect sting rather than stemming the red tide from multiple bullet wounds.

Do you have any recommendations for a kit that would serve a congregation of about 50 folks?

Thanks

Get an office/workplace-style kit recommended for about 50 persons, then ADD meaningful things.

Is it rural? Is it in a place where anti-Christian idjits will target it? Is it near a college campus, major highway, or similar location where it could potentially be a place that stranded or walking-wounded might make their way?

Daughter's church is right across the highway from the local college, I would hope young people might retreat there in a bad event. I added gloves, a big SAM splint, some chest seals, tourniquets, a big, laminated info card, and some gentler kinds of tape that won't be as likely to tear up the fragile skin of the older folks.

Appropriate products for kids is another good idea, bandaids and tape or wraps with bright colors or cartoons are less scary.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

My suggestion would be 5 kits for a 10 people, or even 10 kits for 5 people each, stationed at more than one spot in the church. That way, if something should happen, everyone doesn't have to try to take stuff from a single bag/kit.

I would add a reasonable amount of Kerlix to the above list. As for tourniquets, look into CAT (Combat Applied Tourniquet) and SWAT (Stretch, Wrap And Tuck) styles. You might consider which
      your congregation might best be able to apply, or a combination of each, in each kit.
      There's more, but I have had a really rough day, so I will continue later.
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Sharpies / permanent markers, pens & a tablet with real paper pages. People assisting can write folks name, and any other pertinent info, and either hand the person the sheet to give to first responders, or can tuck paper in a belt, etc.

Thermal Blankets, even if just the inexpensive ones like this... https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DZ1NFSK

Aspirin / Tylenol type of OTC pain relief. The meds themselves may not help much, but the placebo effect may help more. At least folks may think that they are being helped.

Scissors / shears
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

We're located on a state highway about a mile from a major US highway, town of about 2400 folks with no hospital, only one ambulance stationed in town and an all volunteer fire department. Most of the congregation is elderly. We have one retired nurse who could serve in a supervisory capacity if needed, but her hands on abilities would be limited. Next nearest ambulance and hospital are 14 miles away. No college, thank goodness.

Mr. Stand, the multiple small kits sound practical, as we have two buildings on opposite sides of the parking lot. I'm thinking that maybe one of those Horrible Fright plastic Pelican-type cases might serve as a suitable container for the items that won't fit in the smaller kits.

Comment

FLASHLIGHTS!! Battery powered lanterns, etc. Ops may run into night time and you'll need to be able to see...

Keep your powder dry and eyes open...

Comment

Originally posted by bluewolf View Post
              flashlights!! Battery powered lanterns, etc. Ops may run into night time and you'll need to be able to see...
              this !
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Be wary even with OTC products. Because of allergies and assorted laws in various places, make sure people know you are NOT giving those out, but adults are welcome to steal a dose on their own recognizance, and please to leave a post-It on the wall detailing if the supply of anything is low.

Comment

I broke out the stuff for daughter's church into 3, for the buildings, and for who is using those buildings (if grown up people want cartoon bandages, they can f'ing buy their own!)

Where care is distant, and may be overseen by a retiree while waiting for transport (when it's that kind of need,) some of the Israeli dressings would be nice. They have the how-to instructions printed on the wrapper, sterile bandage, and enough wrap to crank it down good when needed. It may not be moron-proof, I wouldn't let a politician put one on me, but most healthy 4 year olds could manage it with little guidance.

Comment

FLASHLIGHTS!! Battery powered lanterns, etc. Ops may run into night time and you'll need to be able to see...
                    Yep. I just bought two Gearlight LED Tactical lights for $17.95. They use the 18650 or 3 AAA cells. They're pretty good lights for the price.

Comment

What we put in ours was LED headlamps so you still have both hands free and can control where the light goes. We used inexpensive ones because they will disappear from time to time.
                      Stealing in Church is gonna look bad on judgement day...
                      [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Working...
                      X