low light veggies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low light veggies

As the sun drops in value we'll need low light veggies , look at these https://growagoodlife.com/vegetables...grow-in-shade/

To understand why watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVCakwQibro history will repeat so get your seeds that will grow in low light .
    Last edited by airdrop; 02-11-2018, 07:10 AM.

If you plant Swiss Chard, you'll have it scattered all over your garden in a few years whether you want it there or not. I've had it growing all winter, and this is the worst winter we've had in 10 years. Every time I plow it under, it comes up in a few new spots.

Comment

So it goes to seed , would picking the seed heads off as it matures be workable ?

Comment

Swiss chard is like a weed, its eatable if you steam it and cover it with a hell of lot of cheese or you can just feed it to the chickens.

RD
        Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Actually it eats pretty much like spinach, if you don't mind some red in your spinach. Flavor is about the same. We like it, we just don't like it coming up where it wasn't invited.

Comment

I like chard. Pull the stems and use the leafy part. I boil it drain it and toss it with vinegar and hot sauce. What is not edible with hot sauce?

Comment

We have several varieties of kale, the problem with it is the deer love it as much as we do
              [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Working...
              X