New Family Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Family Members

Well, I'm a great grandpa again. Twice. Two cute little goats were born this morning. Mom and kids are doing fine. I've spent a large part of the day traipsing around in the snow rigging up a heat lamp for them. She would pick the coldest day of the year to fall apart! Her sister is due to domino any day now, so I went ahead and set up a heat lamp for her, too.

I'll get pix when they're able to come out and play.

It's feeding time, so mama and kids are standing up where I can see them. Mama's studying the heat lamp in this photo.

Honey Babies.jpg

Comment

Awwww...they look just like you!
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

No, I was never that cute.

Comment

Well, I was mainly speaking about the one on the left of the pic.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

My nose is shorter than that.

Both kids are currently residing in our dining room in a large wire dog crate. Mama was not keeping them warm enough, even with the heat lamp, and they were not eating due to being cold. Now they're sucking down 4 oz. of milk each every 4 hours and getting a few minutes on mama twice a day while I'm milking her. I hope to put them back outside Saturday when the temp comes up some.

Comment

A few years ago , a fair number of us (then) active board members all met up at Tex's ranch in Wyoming. While there, one of Tex's goats had a kid. One of our early members (Gena, aka Gena.ky, aka Gena of Going Home) absolutely fell in love with that little kid. She tried everything in her power to get the airlines and her husband to allow her to bring the lil goat home to Kentucky. She failed on both accounts , but she sure tried. Tex had a small pen in his kitchen that the kid resided in.
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

I have a couple I'd be glad to mail her. More on the way probably today or tomorrow.

Comment

Confirmed. Two new kids this morning, a boy and a girl with identical markings. Mama still hasn't bagged up, so I may end up having to feed them.

Cinnamon Babies.jpg

Comment

Yer nipples are gonna be awfully sore.....
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                      A few years ago , a fair number of us (then) active board members all met up at Tex's ranch in Wyoming. While there, one of Tex's goats had a kid. One of our early members (Gena, aka Gena.ky, aka Gena of Going Home) absolutely fell in love with that little kid. She tried everything in her power to get the airlines and her husband to allow her to bring the lil goat home to Kentucky. She failed on both accounts , but she sure tried. Tex had a small pen in his kitchen that the kid resided in.
                      I'm pretty sure you all just sat around drinking, telling stories and watching a goober get branded and maybe shot a few harmless empty cans. )

RD
                      Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Yer nipples are gonna be awfully sore.....
                        I'm afraid I don't produce enough milk, either. May have to use a bottle and some of their aunt's milk.

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
                          I'm pretty sure you all just sat around drinking, telling stories and watching a goober get branded and maybe shot a few harmless empty cans. )

RD
                          And?
                          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Like that's a bad thing.
                            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

And?

Nothing, i'm sure no goats were harmed. lol

RD

13178545_904126546399898_6298224793978564883_n.jpg
                              Last edited by RD; 01-20-2018, 04:09 PM.
                              Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Working...
                              X