Back "home"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back "home"

Hi everyone, it's been quite awhile since I've been on here. My life changed a few months back (won't go into all the details) and I had to move back to Florida from Michigan.
    I got here just in time for Irma and then ended up having my gallbladder removed.
    I'm doing good now in more than one way and like many others waiting on the next book. I hope that everyone is well and I'll post when possible.

Alan aka Wyndigo

Good to see you old man. So Irma was your fault?
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Yep, like everything else bad (according to my ex mother in law) lol. Luckily my nephew also moved back about the same time and we cut a lot of tree limbs ahead of time. Hope you're doing well

Comment

Gallbladder removal isn't something to take lightly. I warned the RP that he should make an enormous change in eating habits if he wanted it to do him much good. Instead of two or three big meals a day, he needed to eat small handfuls of nutrient-dense foods all day long. A little bit of nuts, a very small sandwich, small piece of fruit,
        piece of deviled eggs, snack bites like at a party, etc.

He listened about as well as he listened to my concerns about his sleep apnea. Which is to say, not at all.

15ish years and much suffering later, and now he wonders if maybe he should be doing something different. Everything has to be HIS idea, always, even things with decades of science and medical knowledge backing them up.

Please don't do the same things.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome back Wyndigo. Having your gallbladder removed is not that big of a deal like it used to. I had mine removed in Jan, 2005 and all is well since. Hope you are doing well since and that things are improving for you. Come visit the chat room and get caught up with everyone.
          Last edited by hsehntr98; 11-29-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome back.
            The main issue I've had since surgery has been
            A lot of heartburn type pain, pepcid helps
            So far.

Comment

Heartburn and digestive trouble follow because the bile for your digestion doesn't have any place to build up and wait for your meals. It comes in a constant tiny trickle now, so using it well requires your food to go in the same way. Know anyone who's had a gastric sleeve and ate like that? (At least at first.) They can give you tips on good things to eat that way, amounts, and timing. Watch your heartburn fade into a bad memory.
              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

had mine removed about 6 mo ago, and I had the sleeve 13 mo ago. I was told to eat every 3 hours small meals. I try to only eat whole foods. eliminate processed foods as much as possible. they poison the body.

Comment

Working...
                X