Chat is under-utilized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat is under-utilized

Big buttons on the bar up above, where you can click back and forth between forum, blogs, etc? There's a button on it marked "Chat."

The folks in the continental USA use it mostly after dinner, talk about our local storms, or whatever our politicians have buggered up that we're not happy about, recipes, new toys, whatever. It's not that no one else is allowed, it just isn't getting looked in on, much. If there are other members in your time zone (or even just in your country,) you can use it to talk back and forth, plan bushcrafting events, or just talk over the advantages of one fire-starting method over another. Hawaii, Australia, South Africa, UK, we have a big geographic representation, and a tool you can use - if you see that people joining are in your basic time zone, invite them to hang out and just talk.

Besides, if the cornbread and biscuit recipes don't get you in, sometimes that author guy shows up too.
    Last edited by W.Lynn; 09-11-2017, 01:22 AM.
    quam minimum credula postero

I second that sentiment.

There is a wealth of knowledge, experience, insight, perspective and skills that gets shared once you get people talking informally. And a ton of fun too. The chat tool is available 24 hrs a day - there's no set time for people to drop in, meet up with someone to talk about whatever. Think of it as sitting down with a cup of coffee and friends, or around a campfire.

Comment

It even has a revolving door on which you can ride in and out of the chat room! Wheeeee!

Comment

There's a hot tub in the basement.

Comment

I've go to the chat once a week or so, but no one is ever in it. Granted I stop by during the my lunch hour at work. The evenings are too stuffed full of coloring, school projects, storytime, bath time, dinner, etc. Sometimes I even play with the kids!

Comment

Good point Zef.

I think that's kinda what we're realizing. Not everyone can drop in, in the evening. No reason a few people couldn't be around at lunchtime, weekend afternoons, etc.

Comment

I used to get into the chat, but the only place I really get on a computer is at work. I can browse during non busy times, but those have been fewer and fewer as staffing has gotten tighter, so I usually only log on at home on my phone.
              lofflorida.com

Comment

It does work on the phone, but I like it better on my notebook, because I put another browser tab up, and keep up with the elderly relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteBear620 View Post
                  I used to get into the chat, but the only place I really get on a computer is at work. I can browse during non busy times, but those have been fewer and fewer as staffing has gotten tighter, so I usually only log on at home on my phone.
                  Been using a mobile device exclusively for over 2 years. It works in the chat, or st least android doses.
                  When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                    It does work on the phone, but I like it better on my notebook, because I put another browser tab up, and keep up with the elderly relatives.
                    *facepalm* I assumed it didn't work on the phone...
                    lofflorida.com

Comment

Y'all just type too fast for me I keep getting left behind
                      [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Only sometimes, Outlaw. Sometimes we type a normal pace... or we're forever correcting the typos. LOL.

Comment

I Trained my 2 fingers to tap dance over this key board like Fred Astaire but I trip up correcting the spelling lol

Comment

Another honor graduate of the Hunt and Peck School of Typing.
                            [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

On a mobile device , be it phone or tablet , I don't think that there are many other options other than hunt/peck.
                              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                              X