Today I hate rain lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I hate rain lol

2 1/2 inches last night on top of wet soil makes for my garden being under water . The only think showing is the mounds I do for but there just mud blobs I'm sure . I don't see much good as these Lows keep coming out of Canada triggering cooler and wetter weather , solar minimum's ugly head ???? This will effect the farm crops here to , a lot of corn and soy beans are in not sure how much wet they can take . A lot of fields are tiled to drain off water but this is a bit much . At the end of this season I'm bringing in more dirt to raise up the beds a lot more .

The same patterns that are causing your weather are baking the SW.

When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

my avocado treelings grew about 4 inches in the last 3 days from the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Infidel View Post
        my avocado treelings grew about 4 inches in the last 3 days from the rain.
        Did you sprout them? I once had a tray full of assorted apple and citrus seedlings doing quite well, then the Lorax became very popular, and a toddler pinched off ALL their tops, trying to get the Lorax to come out and play with him.
        Last edited by W.Lynn; 06-23-2017, 09:26 PM. Reason: Never had any luck with avocado, but want to grow some.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

yes, all my trees I started from seeds. problem is i hear some of them wont produce fruit when you do it from seeds. Im thinking of leaving them in a 30gal pots until i see it produce a fruit bud. I have 5 of them over 3ft tall the one that grew 4" is about 5' tall now. if you were near me id give you a couple. I only have room for a couple.
          Last edited by Infidel; 06-24-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

I haven't yet gotten ANY avocado seeds to sprout. Now that the boys are bigger, I need to restart my apple & citrus project. I want to spread them around, any place no one will stop me. If I get a few duds, and recognize them early, that's when you use it as a root-stock, and graft a top onto it from one that is at least setting fruit (even smaller, or sort of sour fruit has uses.)

To the original post: watch 2-5 days after so much rain, see if you have good mushrooms anywhere. Get a field guide, and also learn from local mushroomers.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
            X