THOUGHTS on tac vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THOUGHTS on tac vest

guys whats you go to for tactical vests? Im not looking to spend a ton of money, or get overly crazy just want one thats light weight able to carry mags and gear . big thing is the heat here in Florida want one that breathes as well as possible.

I use a rig myself not as hot as a full vest when running around the glades20170525_184042[1].jpg

Comment

I wear cargo pants, anything vital is on me (with a belt supporting part of the weight.) Less-vital, but nice to have, items are in my decoy ... which other women would call a purse, and thieves opinions don't matter much to me.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Here's what I have (I think ). Is it "top shelf"? No. Is it quality made? Yup. It will hold 6 30rd AR mags, plus has 2 additional pouches for those pesky 40mm grenades we all have laying around .
        It works well. It does tend to get a bit warm on the back. I'm in southern New Mexico, where we do get over 100F, but our humidity tends to hang around the 12% mark.

Defund the Media !!

Comment

Hi Redbeard,

I bounce from a Plate carrier to a Vest. I have one from Galati. I bought the XXL for the chunky side of me. (6'0" 270#) Depends on the situation or class. The Vest has a mesh back and when it's summer in Chicago, I use the plate carrier. This might be your answer.

John

Comment

I run just a chest rig with 2-3 rifle mags and two tourniquets. Everything else gets carried in my cargo pants or pack. Can add a simple gun belt to swap out the concealed holster set up.
            I’m really thinking about switching to a plate carrier since it would fit tighter to me and obviously be able to carry some armor. Looking at the Slickster from Ferro Concepts.
            lofflorida.com

Comment

Working...
            X