New Years Eve Chat Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Eve Chat Party

Assemble your favorite beverages & snacks; put on some tunes or watch one of the many events on the tube... and come join us to kick 2016's ass out the door Saturday night! We'll just be hoping for the best and preparing for the worst next year... making jokes... probably beginning to get rolling around 8:30-9:00 pm ET. No idea how many of us will still be awake at the stroke of midnight... but that's also part of the fun!

There are no topics - conversation wanders all over the place on any given evening - sometimes we even share useful information - LOL. It's only New Year's Eve party you can attend in your PJs and fuzzy slippers!

I'll be there

Comment

Be there for part of it anyway
      When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Sounds like you guys will have a good time. I'll be in the desert whooping it up with the scorpions, sidewinders and maybe a badger or two.
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I make no guarantees on how long we'll stay awake... but some of you guys are way younger than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Celt View Post
            Sounds like you guys will have a good time. I'll be in the desert whooping it up with the scorpions, sidewinders and maybe a badger or two.
            What section of desert? Is it at least in the USA?
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

I make no promises...I am no longer a night owl. I'm lucky to be considered an Evening Owl . If i make it past 10pm, it'll be the exception , certainly not the rule .
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                What section of desert? Is it at least in the USA?

Yes thankfully it's in the USA!!! Were going into a place called Ocotillo Wells which is near the Salton Sea if you are familiar with the area.
                Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

It was the badger part that kinda threw me. Be safe my friend .
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by Celt View Post
                    Kinky. I think my sweet, innocent, little self will be safer partying with my spouse, our spawn, and the mini-spawn.
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

After a nice dinner we'll be having some adult beverages on the patio with a nice fire. If we make it close to 11 before starting to yawn we'll be lucky. Rare is the time when we stay up late anymore.

Comment

Well, that's why I thought the jammies & slippers, online type of celebration was more our speed. We can analyze the security at Times Square (heard 7000 LE personnel) and the silly "pens" that hold, I believe I read, 3000 people each. I wouldn't get in any kind of "pen" with 3 people... much less 3000... and they call that a "good time"?? I guess for some people it is... no large bags (that's half the purses in NYC and all those backpacks), no alcohol. I guess people bar-hop all the way to the pens to watch the ball drop and then wend their way somewhere to sleep it off??

I don't think I've ever BEEN to any kind of official NYE party like that. Too much relief that I made it through another year - and concern about the unpredictable in the next one. So, not sure why all the "celebration" in the first place.

Anyone know how long that's been going on? These big hooplas over New Year's?

Comment

The only outdoor NYE thing I've ever been top was back in the 80s in Boston. This was back before all of this terrorist stuff. We went in for the fireworks with the thousands of others. We brought our own beverages although that was against the rules. For me it was too crowded and too cold and I never went back.

I hope that nothing happens beyond the typical low level human stupidity.

Comment

I kinda like going to sleep in one year and wake up in the next. How do you remember to write 2017 instead of 2016? Or is it no big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Sacajawea View Post
                              I kinda like going to sleep in one year and wake up in the next. How do you remember to write 2017 instead of 2016? Or is it no big deal?
                              Ask an easy one. Simple answer is I review the previous days log/journal first thing in the morning when I can.
                              Long answer is except for points of physical incapacitation or unavoidable lack of medium to record with, I've recorded a daily log since August, 23rd 1974. Times prior to that are summarized, as are the points mentioned. That started due to 'positive' reinforcement (read woodshed time) on the part of my grandfather. In his opinion, it "keeps a man honest with himself".

These days my memory isn't what it used to be, so I go back and skim over random points not having remembered them anymore lol.
                              When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Working...
                              X