Back on track.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on track.

Spent a week in the keys, had a great time. I'm born and raised in Florida and finally made it down there. Since coming home I took my general test on Sunday and to my surprise, I passed! So, I'm now a general HAM! WooHoo! I'm already working on a tower for out here.

I know there hasn't been much going on here, on my part, but that's going to change. I'll be shooting a lot of videos and posting them up for you guys. I'm also about to start a pretty cool solar build and I'll run a thread on that as I go with lots of pics. It'll be in a trailer so it's mobile and should be pretty nice.

So I hope to start really adding some material to the site. You know, in between writing those little books.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Can't wait for the videos AA and those little books

Comment

Shouldn't you be home getting ready for a hurricane or something? The news made it sound like there was some miserable weather heading your way.

Comment

They always make it sound worse than it is. I spent all afternoon staging gas cans, getting the generator connected to the house and test running it. Have everything in place and there ain't squat going on here. But, better to be prepared and not need it!
        I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Did you forget to mention that your F-150 broke down out in the middle of know where in florida and was about to relive book 1.
          If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockntoy View Post
            Did you forget to mention that your F-150 broke down out in the middle of know where in florida and was about to relive book 1.
            Pishaw...a minor inconvenience for our fearless leader. I'm surprised that he didn't just toss that Ford on his back and carry it in.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

The same new black ford we saw a few months ago? Nice truck, but I did not realize it was a 150.

Comment

not the same truck redman

Comment

No Red, not that one. My other truck is a 150. It was the alternator. I'll be replacing it shortly. I had the truck towed home and will work on it when I get to it.
                  I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

I was in Orlando during Charlie. My neighbors use to laugh at me because I had a pick up truck, chain saws, dogging chains and a big 10 KW Genset. One of my neighbors was with Siemens Westinghouse and had a big chuckle when I installed a bypass panel for the Genset. He said that I would never use it. I grew up in the Jax region during Dora, Cleo, David and several other storms and was not chancing anything. Guess I had the last laugh when we didn't have city power for 9 days and was able to run everything but the AC. We had lines at the house every morning for coffee and ice as I had a commercial ice maker in the garage....
                    Stay safe if a storm comes your way.
                    Thanks for the book series. We read all of them in two weeks. Kinda sucked when we finished.

Comment

I went through Hurricane Andrew in Miami. First hurricane ever for me. Then in 2004 I was living in Daytona Beach and went through a couple. In 2005, I went through Wilma (I try to run from cat 3+ hurricanes so I'm generally never in the city they hit). Now I live in a tiny town called Eustis and they talk about these "hurricanes" and I'm just like you don't know what you're talking about unless you've been through something as bad as Andrew.

Comment

If you haven't already read all the books, Eustis plays an important part.
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

I was on Guam for a couple of monsoon seasons ... but I don't remember a bit of it. Blizzards and dust storms, and scorpions trying to move in to get out of the heat, those I really know.
                          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                          X