Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock Pick set

20160425_193839.jpg

Got my new pick set, has quite of few picks I have no clue what the ones on the right side are used for. So I am running down their uses, as for the others I will start posting what different picks I find that work with what locks. I will tell you all right now, your master locks have no chance even my commercial one I use for work. More to come.

RD
    Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

RD, whats the name of that set you purchased? Thats looks like a extensive set of picks

Comment

That's a nice set. I have a set at work specifically for automobile locks for when keys accidentally get locked in a client's vehicle.
      I can open most Ford and Chrysler products. The rest...eh, not so much .
      It definitely takes practice. It isn't like the movies where you just stick the pick in and turn it.
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Nothing is like the movies when it comes to entering things in an unofficial manner. Locks are one thing they make look so easy to bypass and computer systems another. Watch an actor bang on the keys like a chimp for 10 seconds then announce "I'm in". Yeah, sure. You just circumvented all the security on a server more quickly than most people who are authorized could log in.

I too would like to know the particulars on that set. Looks nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Highlandthistle1 View Post
          RD, whats the name of that set you purchased? Thats looks like a extensive set of picks
          It's an H & H, they aren't what would be called a high end set I would say middle of the road.

RD

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
          That's a nice set. I have a set at work specifically for automobile locks for when keys accidentally get locked in a client's vehicle.
          I can open most Ford and Chrysler products. The rest...eh, not so much .
          It definitely takes practice. It isn't like the movies where you just stick the pick in and turn it.
          Kick- would like to see what that set looks like.

RD

Comment

I'll try to remember to take a pic when I get to the shop.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

RD those are nice tools. Where did you get them?
              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                RD those are nice tools. Where did you get them?

Comment

RD,
                  Those are some very pretty picks, how is the 'feel' on them? Looks like they have a lot of bolt on that may decrease the feel. Don't know your experience level on this so not downing at all just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by CelticRaven View Post
                    RD,
                    Those are some very pretty picks, how is the 'feel' on them? Looks like they have a lot of bolt on that may decrease the feel. Don't know your experience level on this so not downing at all just curious.
                    The feel is surprisingly good, you are able to feel every pin in most cases. As for my level, when I was younger it was fair now I am just a rusted nut working on getting a WD40 bath. )

RD

Comment

I keep forgetting to snap a pic @ work , but here's one from the net of the same kit I have.

lock-technology-automasters-lock-pick-set-25-piece-set-340a0.jpg
                      Defund the Media !!

Comment

This is a topic I love. As for pics and pic types. There are a few I recomend over the years.

First is an incredibly efficient set of rakes from Seripick, on his site they also have a lot of really useful E&E tools:

For actual picks they are hand made in the US and is a mom and pop organization. When I teach people the basics of picking this is where I order the pics I give them (see if they still make the Schuyler Special) which is a trimed down set consisting of the most commonly used pics:
                        lockpictools.com

Other Lockpick/bypass/supplies and tools of all sorts of items:
                        clksupplies.com

toool.com is also good for learning, education of laws in your state, and they usually have great deals on some good picks and impressioning equipment.

Then it comes to locks, and there are LOTS of locks out there.

used lots on ebay.
                        Various replacement locks on amazon.
                        Sometimes for rare stuff I'll go to actual suppliers but not usually as they can have a markup premium.

Then education on how to use them and learning how a lock works.

lock.gd/k

The two above sites are by Schuyler Towne, who is responsible for starting me in this many years ago.

Comment

That's a nice set! I just have a set of picks I picked up off aliexpress, with a few extra thrown in that were my Grandfather's (he was a locksmith, among other things).

Comment

Working...
                          X