Hello from Northwest Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Northwest Florida

Hello from Northwest Florida (Florida Panhandle or Lower Alabama to some).
    I'm new to the forums, but not new to prepping; I am still a novice though.
    I feel even more of a novice after reading Going Home. I ordered the next book and should get it tomorrow. I've lurked for a few days and I figured i should post up, so Hello!

Hmm, did you grow up there? We might be related (I used to just think I was related to all of Alabama, but current evidence points to a much, much larger area.)
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome to the board from Massachusetts. There's plenty to learn and some really great people.

Comment

Welcome from CO

Comment

Welcome aboard from New Mexico. I've got family all over Florida.
          Going Home and Deep Winter are what got me into prepping. Its only because of GH that I now have a GHB (We call them Going Home Bags here).
          You have some great reading ahead of you. Book 7 was just recently released .
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from the gulf coast !
            People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
            ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
              Hmm, did you grow up there? We might be related (I used to just think I was related to all of Alabama, but current evidence points to a much, much larger area.)
              I guess I sort of did grow up here. I'm a yankee transplant since the late 80's and I LOVE SWEET TEA!

Comment

Living in Florida and having traveled to Central Florida many times (sometimes 5 to 10 times a year), the first book, Going Home, really sparked with me. I've looked at Hwy 19 as I drove towards 75. I also have come to the conclusion I am very under prepared; one of the reasons I'm here. Hope to expand my knowledge base.

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                  Welcome aboard from New Mexico. I've got family all over Florida.
                  Going Home and Deep Winter are what got me into prepping. Its only because of GH that I now have a GHB (We call them Going Home Bags here).
                  You have some great reading ahead of you. Book 7 was just recently released .

Just started book 4.
                  Will look into Deep Winter

Comment

Hey Kal, glad you found us. I was just out your way visiting a friend. Nice country up there.
                    I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Originally posted by angeryamerican View Post
                      Hey Kal, glad you found us. I was just out your way visiting a friend. Nice country up there.
                      Would love to meet up next time your this way. Pick your brain, shoot the shit, throw some lead down range, what ever.

I finished book 4 yesterday. Just ordered 5, 6 and 7 on amazon. Don't know why I kept ordering one book at a time after reading the last. I haven't been able to put the books down since starting the series. I believe I've already passed my buddy that introduced me to your series (he's in the middle of book 4).

I can so see these books on screen, big or tv. Hope you get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                        I guess I sort of did grow up here. I'm a yankee transplant since the late 80's and I LOVE SWEET TEA!
                        Getting there in the 80s, may not be related, but there's always a chance.

If anyone in your family is nutty over ancestry.com, ask them if you've got any Cash, Burns, Freeman, MacTavish, Fortner names, Irish people from Ulster or Munster, highland Scots - especially leading to or coming from King Malcolm, 1, 2, 3.

On this side of the water, Creek and Crow tribes. How people as warlike as the Scots married into one of the 5 Civilized Nations still has me scratching my head. The Crow, that doesn't confuse me as much, hardly any culture shock at all.

I don't usually worry about stuff that happened before the 1600s, but I have some really, really old info.

Oh yeah, get ya some boiled peanuts to go with that sweet tea!
                        Last edited by W.Lynn; 04-15-2016, 11:28 PM.
                        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Finished book 7 last week.
                          Its probably the most books I've read in one sitting in a long time.
                          I cant wait to see this on screen (I would like to volunteer to be in it, even if its a background person)

Comment

Working...
                          X