PDA

View Full Version : Avenging Home Book VII

angeryamerican
02-25-2016, 01:04 AM
Well guys, it took long enough but Avenging Home is live on Amazon. I hope you guys enjoy this one as well!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C6N5AOO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01C6N5AOO&linkCode=as2&tag=angerameri-20&linkId=SFNL7UHUAKMPKKPO

Remember to review it! That is the mile maker for success in today's publishing world.

kickstand
02-25-2016, 08:00 AM
:lol::lol:

Boston_Joe
02-25-2016, 09:58 AM
Woohoo!

I'm through chapter 1. AA do you want to know about typos or editing issues?

SNIP/
Thad looked up at the sun. It was past its apex and beginning its descent. But there was still plenty of time. He looked at blue drum strapped to the top of his...

sawyerrt10
02-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Yet another great book AA! Just finished it!

angeryamerican
02-25-2016, 02:38 PM
It's hard to get them all out. Boston. We worked really hard on this one. But yeah, you find them PM them to me and I'll get them corrected.

Sacajawea
02-25-2016, 05:41 PM
Wouldn't you know it? reading as fast as I can... then I ran out of battery in the kindle. Dang it; but from the prologue... sounds like I might want to slow a bit; savor this one more.

bnorr79
02-25-2016, 09:30 PM
Ordered mine this afternoon. Prime shipping isn't fast enough

hsehntr98
02-25-2016, 11:33 PM
Finished reading it at 11:20 pm on my kindle. Loved the book and the ending. Although I want to know what happens with the Russians and the Chinese. I still love Sarge, Mike, & Ted. Dalton is one crazy sucker, but he fits right in. There are many other stories that could come from this series AA if you have thought about them. Hope you come up with more.:lol:

Boston_Joe
02-26-2016, 03:16 PM
I just finished reading it and.....WOW. Not to give anything away but the scope of this is much larger than the previous books. While we hear more about the goings on in the world as the local story unfolds we also spend a lot of time inside Morgans head. We hear his thoughts, hopes and concerns about the world and people around him. The world changed and he changed with it. He is a harder man than the one that took those first steps away from his dead car and headed home. He also learns that he needs to be a bit harder to protect those most dear to him and to prepare for what will come.

The stage has been set for more great storytelling in this universe. I for one cannot wait to find out what happens to Morgan and his extended family in the future.

Jstwaiting
02-26-2016, 03:20 PM
Finally got it loaded overnight. Amazon was slow. Now for some fine reading tonite. Thanks in advance AA

roach2654
02-26-2016, 03:44 PM
Sounds good! I can't wait till I get my hands on my signed copy!!! I don't do the digital thing.

Tex
02-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Roach, if you will buy the book and send it to me, I will be more than happy to sign it for you.

Tex

angeryamerican
02-27-2016, 01:06 AM
Roach, if you will buy the book and send it to me, I will be more than happy to sign it for you.

Tex

LOL. Putz

Deebo
02-27-2016, 11:37 AM
Ordered and biting my nails, kinda didn't want to read this thread, becouse of spoilers, but it was good. So ready to jump in.

Wyndigo
02-27-2016, 12:04 PM
listening to it on kindle now, Theres GOTTA be more books :D

chris0013
02-27-2016, 08:58 PM
Got it the other day on Kindle and finished that day. Another fine addition to the series.

however...AA..sent a PM on some typo issues.

Sean Meador
02-28-2016, 04:48 PM
I'm running a little behind, but almost 75% finished. Loving every min. Had to put it down for a little bit. Keep up the good work buddy.

reddawnspokane
02-29-2016, 01:02 AM
About 30% in. Loving it so far

DesertSand
02-29-2016, 08:46 AM
Finally

Sean Meador
02-29-2016, 09:22 AM
Finished last night. Perfect. Simply perfect.

roach2654
02-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Sean do you know where Littlefields is?

Sacajawea
03-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Well, I took my time with this one. Enjoyed it, AA!

Seems like it might be a good place to let this main story "rest" now, and pick up on some of the associated stories going on within it. It's not like Morgan couldn't make a "guest appearance" in other people's stories, ya know? Dalton's character looks fun to explore and Sarge & his crew goes without saying; I think I know the one-time pad now (took long enough for me to get it tho); and I'm all on pins & needles to find out what's going on in Hatteras, since that's a tad too close for comfort to my current abode.

Hope I stayed outside of the "spoiler" territory. :D

Sean Meador
03-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Yep. Sure do. Don't live too far from there.

Sean Meador
03-01-2016, 01:11 PM

Yep I live pretty close to there.

roach2654
03-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Yep. Sure do. Don't live too far from there. My twin brother lives on Monkey Island. I go up there every year for muzzleloader deer season. He skins all the deer that come into Littlefields for prosessing ! We hunt property up in Welch.

Sean Meador
03-01-2016, 07:08 PM

My twin brother lives on Monkey Island. I go up there every year for muzzleloader deer season. He skins all the deer that come into Littlefields for prosessing ! We hunt property up in Welch.

You should hit me up next time your around. I'm live in Grove and I'm a Deputy in Delaware County. We could get together. Hopefully I can get AA to come visit the beautiful lake sometime. I've got access to a lot of land it could be a weekend camp out of such.

chris0013
03-01-2016, 07:35 PM
I have been skimming thru the previous books...something do when the new one comes out....and I am wondering what has happened with certain assets.

What happened to Howards HAM radio gear? This would be something that might be better served with the Guard of the Police. I would say put it with the Guard along with their military coms and have the Police work with the Guard on monitoring it.

What happened to the truck that Randal's friend Hog Chow had? Is it being used? As well...the truck that Thomas and Robert had when they killed the pig? If they are not being used by Morgan, Sarge and the crew were they turned over for the PD to have tranport?

andrewjhead
03-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Greetings! Can't wait to get through this one. Just listened to Enforcing Home in January. I know it's still early (and you've changed your publishing strategy) but do you have an estimated timeline on the audiobook?

Love Duke's readings!

Thanks!

Ozzie2
03-04-2016, 04:00 PM
AA loving the new book so far...up to chapter 5. Found a few typos but didn't want to stop reading. I will read it fast then start again and go slow as to catch the typos for you. I suppose others posted them to you already. I just love this book so far and having trouble putting it down to cook dinner and do the washing etc. Great job so far AA.

aramark
03-05-2016, 12:36 PM
great book AA, can't wait for the next. My wife just finished book 2 and working on 3. These book are getting her into the prepping mood, so thank you very much for writing them. I have also given book 1 to my father in law, he is also enjoying them

DesertSand
03-08-2016, 08:51 AM
So what was the code on the pad?

kev8287
03-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Please get book 6 and 7 on iBooks. I have the previous 5 there and want to keep the family together. Morgan fought to his family don't break this one up!!

Boston_Joe
03-09-2016, 07:22 AM
So what was the code on the pad?

Some of AAs Facebook followers have decoded the messages but so far no one has shown how they did it. :(

DesertSand
03-09-2016, 09:41 AM
I dont' really wanna know how, just what it says. LOL

kickstand
03-09-2016, 01:27 PM
The clues are there...has to do with Radio Free Redoubt and AmRRON. That's all I'm sayin...

Boston_Joe
03-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Got it. I was having trouble seeing the forest through the trees.

angeryamerican
03-09-2016, 10:21 PM
For those asking about Ibooks, it ain't going to happen. You have to have a Mac to upload the manuscript from. I don't and I'm not buying one just to do that as they are so expensive I'd never recover the cost of the machine. Sorry, but Apple doesn't play nice.

andrewjhead
03-14-2016, 04:27 PM
For those asking about Ibooks, it ain't going to happen. You have to have a Mac to upload the manuscript from. I don't and I'm not buying one just to do that as they are so expensive I'd never recover the cost of the machine. Sorry, but Apple doesn't play nice.

How about those of us feening for the Audiobook? :)

Loving your books man!

kickstand
03-14-2016, 09:31 PM
From his Facebook page...

For all of you waiting on the audio book of Avenging Home. We are waiting on Duke at the moment. Everything is ready, we just need him to get some things sorted out.

This is the best I can tell you at the moment, sorry it isnt more or better news.

reddawnspokane
03-15-2016, 06:41 PM
Just got my uncle to buy books 1 and 2 on Kindle.

angeryamerican
03-24-2016, 05:34 PM
The audio for Avenging is underway now. Duke is reading it. So hopefully we won't have to wait months like the last time.

guido
03-26-2016, 08:06 AM
Hello

AA, kudo's, Sir! Absolutely magnificent series. Just finished VII yesterday (of course, everything else was put on-hold until the book was completed....) and it was gripping.
I haft'a admit, you kind of got to me at the end. I suppose I'm one that will be on the lookout for VIII.
Also wondering when it will show up on the silver screen, or at least Netflix/Showtime/DVD. Seems like it wouldn't take much screenwriting to make it happen, and if they stayed true to your story line, I see a "Band of Brothers" type epic there.

I read a lot, particularly fiction/nonfiction survival stuff, and your series is unequivocally the most riveting, realistic, and timely, while also being the most educational series I have gotten my hands on yet. I'm not certain which book it was, but I was reading about Thad and his family having issues with the mailman at about the same time the DHS was arming all the various departments (NOAH, IRS, etc.) including the USPS and providing them with their share of 2.6 billion rounds of .40 S&W HP ammo.
I'm thinking "WTF, is this guy a prophet or something?"

All said, putting the reader in the first-person context of a world gone to ca-ca around him really helps to open the eyes of folks who really don't understand the gravity of an EMP event, the most likely scenario to unfold in most people's opinion.
It opened my eyes to the value of portable and semi-portable solar devices.

Bottom line, I thank you, Sir. Not only for an incredibly entertaining series of books, but for an immense amount of information and education you have stealthily hidden in them.
I'm waiting for the next one to emerge.

-Guido in TX

CelticRaven
05-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Not to poke the bear or anything, tell Duke to read faster LOL. I'm caught up now.

I've loved the series btw!

andrewjhead
06-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Woohoo! Audiobook hit Audible today. Just got my copy. Be starting it tomorrow!

50years
06-16-2016, 10:02 PM
I just finished book VII, and I'm thoroughly impressed as always. I've never read a series of fiction that have spoken to me the way these books have. The characters are numerous, varied, and well conceived, which is no easy task for any writer.

The plot line for the Survival Series is one that screams to the core of my soul. Having recently become a prepper, and being hyper-sensitive to the horrible state of American and world politics, these books provide slap-in-the-face, after slap-in-the-face wake-up calls with nearly every turn of the page. I can't begin to recount the number of items, details, methods, practices, ideas, etc. I have researched on my own from what I've read in these pages. These books are a wealth, a prepper's encyclopedic treasure trove of information laid out in the form of (horrifying) entertainment.

I want to thank and congratulate AA for writing such a wonderful series. I truly hope the series never ends. Cheers!

Anglosaxonknight
06-20-2016, 01:37 PM
Just finished avenging Home although short it was absolutely fantastic! I really do home this is not the last one. Duke has such a fantastic voice that allows you to dive right into A.American's epic story. Feeling the emotions of the characters and getting your adrenaline pumping when things heat up. You care about these characters as if they were your friends and family. These book truly are a roller coaster ride.

fisty
10-27-2016, 11:03 PM
the code used in book 7 has been on my mind alot. is there any way to get a message to me on what it is?

Wyndigo
10-28-2016, 12:04 AM
the code used in book 7 has been on my mind alot. is there any way to get a message to me on what it is?

its called a one time pad, you need a copy of the pad (usually) to decipher the coded messages

KyDave59
10-28-2016, 06:00 AM
For anyone with an interest in cryptography, I'd strongly recommend that they get a copy of Leo Mark's book "Between Silk and Cyanide":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Between_Silk_and_Cyanide

Mr. Marks was a British SOE cryptographer during World War II, and worked with a number of agents clandestinely inserted into the occupied countries, including Violette Szabo, GC, and Noor Inayat Kahn, GC:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violette_Szabo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noor_Inayat_Khan

Dave