Hello from Alabama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Alabama!

Hello my name is Ashley I'm a huge reader and newbie prepper.
    I'm here to interact with like-minded individuals and glean knowledge about how to be better prepared.
    I love gardening, hiking with my dog and anything outdoors.

On a side note I have Celiac disease and am having a hard time brainstorming gluten free long term food storage ideas other than rice, salt, sugar and quinoa in buckets. So let me know if there's a thread on gluten free grain providers that anyone has posted. I'd love to diversify the grains I store.

Hi Ashley, welcome from southern New Mexico. I'm assuming that you have read the "Going Home" series? What kind of dog?
    You've stumbled upon a really great group of folks, with many varied interests. I don't think that there's a specific "Gluten Free" thread, but feel free to start one.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from Tn
      When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Ashley welcome from southeast West Virginia. Have you looked into Augason Farms? They are a company that produces freeze dried and dehydrated foods with a 25 year shelf life. Look at their website and see if they don't have some gluten free products. Feel free to ask any questions, there are plenty of people here with a lot of knowledge and are willing to help.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
            Hi Ashley, welcome from southern New Mexico. I'm assuming that you have read the "Going Home" series? What kind of dog?
            You've stumbled upon a really great group of folks, with many varied interests. I don't think that there's a specific "Gluten Free" thread, but feel free to start one.
            Yes! I read all 6 in a two week span... Love them! I have a 6 yr old Great Dane who is my baby : ) I might just do that as I do more research and find a few places to acquire good food from. Who knows it might help someone else.

Sorry for the newbie question but what does Thad stand for? its under a few peoples usernames that I've bumped into..

Comment

"Thad" is just a title based on post count...some folks complained about being "Fresh Meat" and some of the other titles that were initially in place when we/they started this board.
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Howdy from Wyoming! My gluten free prep suggestions are amaranth, oats, and corn. I haven't noticed a thread for that, but feel free to go start one!

Comment

Welcome from Florida!
                  People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                  ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Hi from South Carolina.

Comment

Hi and welcome from Missouri.
                      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Hi from Az, but my moms family hails from Evergreen AL 😀

Comment

Hey Amy, glad you got sorted out. Welcome to the board! I have a daughter that is Celiac as well. Augason Farms has quite a bit of gluten free products designed for long term storage. We but their pancake mix and it's great, as well as other products. Check them out. Here's a link to their gluten free stuff. http://www.augasonfarms.com/Gluten-Free
                          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Ok, but I have to ask...is it Amy or Ashley? Inquiring minds want to know.
                            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from Okiehoma.
                              If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Working...
                              X