Brian Wiita Hello from australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Wiita Hello from australia

Hello i am Brian Wiita from australia i am so glad i have come across this forum, Reason why i am here my son has a medical issue , but he loves reading , when i told him i found a forum where he can read about books , and realeses it brought upon a smile i have not seen for a long time..

I am glad so glad i stumbeled across this site and got approved to join thanks again from Brian Wiita - Brisbane , Australia.

Welcome from Florida, both of you!

Gotta love our Australian brothers and sisters.

"“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Hi Brian , and welcome to our corner of the internet from south central New Mexico. I know that we have a couple of Australian members.
      Have you or your son read any of the "Going Home" series?
      May I ask how old your son is?
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from California-- hope I don't slip and curse.

Comment

Welcome from southern West Virginia. Hope you and your son enjoy the people here.

Comment

Welcome from PA .

Comment

Hello and welcome from South Carolina.

Comment

Hi! Welcome form Missouri.
                Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome from Tn.
                  When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Big Welcome from Okiehoma
                    If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Hi there no i have not seen this my son is 11 years old he has a rare condition and is almost bound in doors this has given him a gift to read and understand what books are about and to offer.
                      I will check this out , is there a description on it in the forum? Thanks again Brian Wiita and how i would love to visit the USA and parts.

Comment

Welcome from Florida!
                        People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                        ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

There is another Aussie member here, Goingbush. They have written 3 books at least that I know of. I imagine if you drop him a line, he would work you up something. He's got a section on the board here as well, but hasn't been very actively lately. I think you're son would find it fascinating to follow their ventures, with pictures and stories about Australia. They are grey ghosts now, traveling around the country and taking pictures and stories on their blog along the way. Drop him a PM here, or contact them on their comment section or contact page. Some of the content here may not be appropriate for an 11 year old, but nothing too over the top. The Going Home series has some adult themes, so I would suggest reading it first. That's how Goingbush found us, he got the audio books there. There is another story his wife wrote that would seem ok for him to me.. That one is called "Enemy on Home Soil" You will find a link to that, and others on his web site, as well as the blogs. Start with the 2010 tab and he can explore from there. Seeing as he can't get out, I would consider it almost a definitive guide to Australia.

If you click on the map page on his web site, it will show you his tracks, from their travels, which are tracked with a Spot tracker. He's also got a youtube channel, which he's done some drone videos, as well as some dash cam videos, which can be quite entertaining. You will find there http://www.youtube.com/user/qfogarty/videos.

His sections on the this board are here, pretty slim; http://angeryamerican.net/forumdispl.../181-Goingbush

His web site, with blogs, and at the bottom links to their various books, comment links, etc. http://goingbush.com/

There are quite a bit of stories published here, also check the Fiction Stories section, where some of the gang here have posted their own stores. Your son could take a jab at his own if he likes... http://angeryamerican.net/forumdispl...Movies-Stories

I'll get with AA in the near future and see if we can get a PDF or e-book copy of book one to preview.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Brian! Fellow Brisbane born and bred here, but a year ago I moved to Holland. Hope you're keeping a good watch on my town!

Comment

Working...
                            X