Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy here from PA (suburbs of Philly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy here from PA (suburbs of Philly)

I've read all the books and they were the catalyst for me to begin really examining my own level of preparedness. I have five kids ages 10 down to 5. We do a lot of camping, backpacking, fishing, hiking and shooting. Whenever we have extended power outages or storms we always had enough gear/food/water to get us through comfortably. I also heat my house with firewood and have next years wood stored already.

I enjoy reading the various forums and picking up advice that I can incorporate into my own plans. Also, really looking forward to book 7!

Welcome to the board from Wyoming. We have a pretty nice board here with some good folks who make a genuine effort to help each other. Feel free to jump on into the conversations and add your 2 cents.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome Murph! You found a good group here!!
      People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
      ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Hi Murphy, welcome from southern New Mexico. Sounds like you are among the better prepared. As Tex said, join the conversation.
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from the western side of PA Murph.

Comment

Welcome from Tn.
            When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Welcome from SC. I used to live across the Walt Whitman at the start of the AC expressway. Philly can be a fun town.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Boston Joe, Philly is a fun town, in a bit of a funk sports wise though... Tex, my Uncle has a ranch outside of Douglas. Spent some time there during summers and hunting seasons. It's been 15 years since I made it out there though. Such beautiful country!

Comment

Our outfit is north of Douglas not too far, by Wyoming standards.

Seems I spoke with someone else on another board once who had an uncle with an outfit around Douglas.
                  Perhaps we have came across one another on a different board before.

We have another member who is a ranch kid not far from Douglas. She may know your uncle.

It is good to have you here. Enjoy yourself, because you have stumbled onto a good group of folks.

Tex
                  = 2
                  sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Hello. Went to jr high and high school in Douglas when dad retired from the AF in 78, was back for a bit over part of Nov/Dec. It hasn't changed much.
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome from the center of PA!

Comment

Welcome from Californistan
                        2TNA = 2nd to none Arms, Albany, Oregon
                        Where a big 2 and a big A matter...

"They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Welcome to the board Murph. Glad to have you here. Feel free to jump in and post up. We can learn something!
                          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Working...
                          X