X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips from a Thief

Part 1

Rancher killed on his own property in Medina County

Last edited by unseenone; 12-31-2015, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Flash, crazies running amuck all over the place . It seems like their coming out of the wood work faster than ever . We all need to be carrying .

Comment

Text response from a Craigslist add
        Please email me if you still have it for sale at ( michalszalbot1@gmail.com ) I am willing to buy thanks.
        (description of your item by title)

Sent free from TextNow.com

your response (to the scam e-mail)

Yes

the alleged buyers response
        Thank you for the mail, i am okay with the condition Likewise your
        asking price is quite reasonable and affordable considering others
        I've seen lately, I'll have it for the listed price. I'm interested
        and consider it sold as am buying it for my first son as a surprise
        birthday gift and which i don't want him to know about it until is
        picked up, so can you assure me i will not be disappointed? I work
        with the military air-force and presently in camp serving the nation
        which is strictly no calls. My Mode of payment is PayPal because i
        don't have access to my bank account online, but i have it attached to
        my PayPal account. Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done
        via PayPal, I will be responsible for all the PayPal fees/charges on
        this transaction, if you don't have an account with PayPal, it's
        pretty easy, safe and secure to open one. Just log on to
        www.paypal.com. I hope we can make this transaction as fast as
        possible. Less I forgot, I have a Mover that will come for pickup once
        payment is cleared in your PayPal account and they will be handling
        the title for me, as I look forward to hearing from you with your
        PayPal information as requested below.

Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
        Full name:
        Firm Price:
        Address for Pick Up:
        Phone Number:

Awaiting your response asap..

Regards.

your response (to the scam e-mail)
        I'm not buying a word of it. I've got plenty of friends deployed that i can talk too. Hell of a try though I'll give you that. Well not really piss off and get a job you and people like you are what is wrong with the world.

Comment

I have tried to find a few things recently on Craigslist as well. I get responses like this too.

Mom is dying of cancer and I work out of town.....

You can inspect it if I ship it via ebay and return it if you don't like it....

And so on.

I showed up armed and with a friend to look at a nice generator with one ad. He had no generator and three friends with him. He wanted us to go somewhere else too look at it. Lol. Stupid I am, brain dead, not so much.

Comment

Thankfully, we either don't have too much of that, or I haven't seen it. I guess that is a blessing of living in low population area. We do see a few things that are probably scams, but they are so over the top that they are quickly flagged and gone.

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

My wife ans I have bought and sold a bunch of stuff via Craigslist. It can be a great tool if used with caution.

We never meet the other party alone, ever and we let a friend or family member know where we are headed. Never unarmed. For larger dollar items we always tell the seller we will look and if we want it we'll have to go and get the cash. I try and meet them at a public place but if someone must come to my place to see and item I try and have it pulled out from its storage spot where they don't get a look at all my other junk...I mean stuff.

We have received all sorts of scam type replies to adds we've placed or responded to. We were inquiring about a horse on a reputable Horse trading website one time and suddenly the horse was not in PA but way up in Alaska. They knew a shipping company, yadda yadda. I went back and forth with them for a while and managed to trace their email account and got their Facebook info. I sent them a screen shot of it and they suddenly had another buyer who was local to the horse. I sent all the info I had along with the email thread to the admins of the site and 2 others that had the same listing. All of the ads disappeared shortly thereafter.

I hate scammers with a white hot passion and I take delight in stringing them along when I have the time.

I felt so bad when I heard about this. It still enrages me that these nice people were killed by this scumbag.

Comment

We got burned on an iphone on CL in town. Verizon called after we discovered it was stolen and asked if the owner could contact us, of course I said sure. Within 20 minutes, we concocted an agreement to tease the guy into meeting us at the cell store (he was not willing to refund, but would exchange the phone). Imagine his surprise when the phone owner, and police showed up once I lured him into the store. We got our cash back, owner got his phone back. From there it went downhill. He was sending death threats to daughters phone via text from another number. Police said to if he showed up.... There was nothing they could do.. She got a new number, we never heard from him again.

Here is a new one to beware of..

A man on the other end of the phone call claimed he had kidnapped her brother. He even mentioned him by name.
                "He said they were found to kill him unless I paid the money," she said.
                He asked her to wire $2,000 via Western Union or else.

Comment

Peter Douglas

a7@dereck99.mobi

perterdouglas1111@gmail.com

Dear Beneficiary

I am Peter Douglas Director Inspection Unit United Nations Inspection Agent in Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport Atlanta GA. We are rounding up for the last Quater of the auditing, all abandom Consignment in US Airports are being transfer to our facilities here for inspection and confiscation. During our investigation, I discovered An abandoned shipment on your name which was transferred to our facility here in Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport and when scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in a Metal Trunk Box. The consignment was abandoned because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money, rather it was declared as personal effect to avoid diversion by the Diplomatic Agent also the Diplomat inability to pay for Non Inspection Fees.

On my assumption, the boxes will contain more that $6M and the consignment is still left in storage house till today through a Courier Dispatch Service. The Consignment is a metal box with weight of about 242LBS (Internal dimension: W61 x H156 x D73 (cm). Effective capacity: 680 L.)Approximately.

The details of the consignment including your name the official document from United Nation office in London are tagged on the Metal Trunk box.

I want to use my good office and clear the Consignment and deliver it to you. If you WILL ACCEPT MY CONDITION AND want us to transact the delivery for mutual benefit, you should provide your name, Phone Number and full address, to cross check if it corresponds with the address on the official document including the name of nearest Airport around you and other details. You should send the required details to me for onward delivery.

All communication must be held extremely confidential. I can get everything concluded within 24 to 48 hours upon your acceptance and proceed to your address for delivery. But it must be on the condition that you will give me 30% of the amount contained in the boxes and i must get assurance from you concerning my 30% before i will proceed.

I want us to transact this business and share the money, since the shipper have abandoned it and ran away. I will pay for the Non inspection fee and arrange for the boxes to be moved out of this Airport to your address, Once i am through, i will deploy the services of a secured shipping Company to provide the security it needs to your doorstep. or i can bring it by myself to avoid any more trouble. But i will share it 70% to you and 30% to me. But you have to assure me of my 30%. do respond to me if you are interested to conclude this with me.

Please strictly reply to my private email; perterdouglas1111@gmail.com

Looking forward to hear from you

Best Regards,
                  Peter Douglas
                  INSPECTION OFFICER

Comment

Good Lord UN - you are rich ! Rich I tell you. Remember your Friends ! LOLOL

Comment

Way to keep it confidential Un.

Comment

Working...
                      X