Job openings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job openings

Tinker AFB is doing a 1000 position new hires in the next 100 days. If anyone is needed a new job this might be a help. Check out the Facebook page, Tinker AFB Career Fair @ the Reed Center, for more info. This is for the civilian side that works on airplanes, it is a depot type environment. Good work and good benefits. Just putting this out for all who might be needing a job. I am retired from their and it was a good place.
    If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

That's a lot of people for one facility.
    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

CWI not really when I was stationed there the civilian work force was about 25,000 and the GI's 3600 , the place has about 6 entrances and staggers the shifts so the traffic runs smooth . The base is in the southeast part of Oklahoma City and has interstate on the north and 4 lanes on the east sides , so you can live east out in the country an have an easy commute . I loved it there for my one yr tour of duty .
      The work force is retiring and it is not just plane related , this is a Material supply depot an has a lot of people doing warehouse duties plus loading planes for shipments . Base maintenance or Civil Engineers SQ has large shops , carpenters, plumbers , electricians , heating and air shops even a machine shop . So a lot of jobs fields I would guess . Oh an there's a Bass Pro a few miles west of the base
      Last edited by airdrop; 10-28-2015, 11:27 AM.

Comment

If we were up there, I'd have a look.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

They have a new aircraft coming that they have to hire workers/office people for plus all other places needed to expand on plus there is a big turnover of people retiring in the next few years they are preparing for. It's a for real job offering.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockntoy View Post
            They have a new aircraft coming that they have to hire workers/office people for plus all other places needed to expand on plus there is a big turnover of people retiring in the next few years they are preparing for. It's a for real job offering.
            I don't doubt it's real. I've done a lot of work on helos, fast movers etc, welding/nde etc. 1000 people is still a major uptick even if it is turnover created. I am curious which aircraft
            When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

They use to do a lot on B52's during my stay during 1972 and a few F4's out of viet nam , they rebuilt jet engines . I'd say they could set up for about anything given a mission . They repainted B52's also , they had 4 hangers that could take 2 B52's in each for refit . This base is BIG , lol . They have one building that was 7/8 of a mile long and had an unbelievable amount of brick in it . Land wise it's about 8 sq miles . Just did an sat pic look see and I seen B52's , B1's , AWACS, Air Refueling , and a few others .
              Last edited by airdrop; 10-29-2015, 02:47 AM.

Comment

They have the new air refueler aircraft the KC-46 I believe plus they have taken on other jobs as other depot's get shut down. The work load has really grown there in the last 6 years. They bought the old GM assembly plant and have increased the workload probably by 300% so this is a big hiring. They did this back in 1997/98 time frame also. They hired all types of workers. Some of them I worked with could not spell airplane as well as work on them but they got hired because of demand and they had a mechanical background. One person I worked with did sheetrock before getting hired as a electrician, another did sewer/ backhoe work and he became a hydraulics person. Do not count yourself out because you have no aircraft no how. They will train you and get you going. On the resume fill out ALL THINGS that you can do. Any questions if anyone is interested I can help. Just send me a message and I will get back.

Comment

Working...
                X