PDA

View Full Version : Coded radio messages?

Boston_Joe
10-10-2015, 05:44 AM
AA, you had highlighted several broadcasts some of which lead into chapters and others that Morgan listened to. These contain coded massages along the lines of "For our friends in Montreal, The chair is against the wall." Are they going to be revisited or explained? Do the English have agents behind the lines of some war in Canada? Who is fighting who?

kickstand
10-10-2015, 08:53 AM
I think if he tells you, he HAS to kill you. Just sayin.....

W.Lynn
10-10-2015, 01:47 PM
But it's ok if you know that John has a long mustache.

Boston_Joe
10-10-2015, 03:33 PM
Such a quandary. I know nothing of John or the length of his facial hair, but I do wish to know about the messages. Death or knowledge. What to do. What to do.

DMH
10-10-2015, 04:11 PM
AA, you had highlighted several broadcasts some of which lead into chapters and others that Morgan listened to. These contain coded massages along the lines of "For our friends in Montreal, The chair is against the wall." Are they going to be revisited or explained? Do the English have agents behind the lines of some war in Canada? Who is fighting who?

I might have missed reading that in Enforcing Home, but I know I read it in One Year After by Forstchen. My brain has been overwhelmed here lately so correct me if I am wrong. It would be awesome to have authors winding stories together, but tricky.
BTW, John does need to shave!

Boston_Joe
10-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Wow DMH, I guess you're right. I was reading both series at the same time. I'm going to step away from that question and this tread slowly and sheepishly and hope that one else notices.

Honestly folks I'm usually a bit smarter than this.

DMH
10-10-2015, 06:03 PM
No worries Joe. Morgan did talk to a cowboy up in Wyoming on the radio. I think we know a bit more about his facial hair! LOL!

It is still intriguing about the coded radio messages though. Maybe Forstchen will do a new series on those. He was at the Prepper camp that Jag was at not long ago, maybe Jag can give us some insight.

Boston_Joe
10-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Wow DMH, I guess you're right. I was reading both series at the same time. I'm going to step away from that question and this tread slowly and sheepishly and hope that one else notices.

Honestly folks I'm usually a bit smarter than this.

Boston_Joe
10-10-2015, 06:51 PM
I've read rumors that he was continuing the series for at least one more book. Perhaps the messages will be explained.

Hobes
05-25-2016, 08:46 PM
I hope so, cos the messages will be a waste of time otherwise.

angeryamerican
05-26-2016, 07:50 PM
The messages are real. They codes, but its up to you to figure them out. Everything you need to figure them out is there. I tell you where to look for the answers if you pay attention.

Hobes
05-26-2016, 10:01 PM
the ham radio book, which I don't have, can anyone help me out there?

kickstand
05-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Start here....it will download a pdf that will get you on the way.

https://www.amrron.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/one_time_pad.pdf

Hobes
05-29-2016, 05:40 PM
thanks ol son. I would never have been able to find it... not into ham as much as I should be.,

kickstand
05-29-2016, 11:09 PM
I wonder how many more new radio operators we would get if we renamed it Bacon Radio?

You might want to think about dropping by www.preparedham.com

Hobes
05-30-2016, 12:26 AM
I do have a ham set up of sorts, normal 27meg, UHF and a 40mtr, just a cheapy from china, but it works.
I had a mate come round and sort out the homebase, a galaxy 959, on a kick ass aluminum antenna, the UHF are truck based, with some hand helds, the 40 mtr is very mobile, I like to take it out bush and set up the long wire in some trees. I just don't play with them enough, and could never afford a real good yaesu or one like it...

Riverside Rhodes
09-02-2016, 06:55 AM
Regarding John's mustache, the code phrase "John has a long mustache", or as it was originally broadcast, "Jean a une longe moustache" was one of several different code phrases broadcast by the BBC's Radio London in 1944 to alert the French Resistance that the D Day landings were about to begin. It also appears in the movie The Longest Day, based on the book by Cornelius Ryan, and in the movie Red Dawn, the original 1984 version written by John Milius that is, not the lame remake. Not sure how this ties in with Forstchen's One Year After, as it was never really expanded on...unless there really IS a #3 on the way. Let's hope so.

Gspotts
12-13-2017, 03:17 PM
Be careful we may all be in occupied territory.

W.Lynn
12-13-2017, 10:03 PM
The chair is against the wall.