A Sad Day For Our Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sad Day For Our Community

I just got off the phone with Bob's daughter. Big Bob passed away this morning. He was in Hospice care for quite some time and I know Tex and myself have talked to him a couple of times. While we mourn the loss of a grumpy old man at least his suffering has ended. Bob was in a lot of pain and stayed highly medicated. He couldn't talk often or long. So take a moment to bid the old man a fond farewell. He gave it a hell of a run. I'm certain that somewhere Bob is giving someone hell right now!

Take care my friend, you will be missed.
    I'm drunk tonith.

RIP Big Bob. You fought a long hard battle. It was an honor and a privilege to converse with you.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Prayers for his family
      When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Condolences and prayers for the family and friends.
        Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Good journey Bob ..

DD
          OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Oh boy...I'm pretty sure that St. Peter is probably rethinking his career choice today. I not sure that RIP is appropriate for him. Maybe ETG? Enjoy the Grump.
            Bob, you have been missed for a while now. You will remain in our hearts and prayers .
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

HappyTrails BoB
              People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
              ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

I was just thinking about Bob yesterday as I had not heard anything about him in a while. Prayers sent to his family.
                http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Always enjoyed talking with Bob an I will miss our friend and pray for his family , peace be with you .

Comment

I am having a drink for Bob right now.

Until we meet on the other side, old friend.

Tex
                    = 2
                    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Gonna miss you brother,had some fun while you where here,RIP my friend,george
                      Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Comment

RIP Bob, Godspeed.

Comment

God's speed Big Bob!!.

Comment

Rest easy, Bob.

Kelly

Comment

Rest easy Bob, Big Bob and I talked numerous times about our shared experience of being in the USAF He was in the POL (Petroleum, Oil, and Lubricants) career field in the USAF and I am sure he made the following quote up....POL.....without us pilots would be pedestrians! Russ
                              According to my watch the time is now
                              Past is dead and gone
                              Don't try to shake it just nod your head
                              Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Working...
                              X