Hello from Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Arizona

Hello everybody! I live in the northern part of AZ. I have a lot of Navajo friends and thought it would be a cool thing to talk about!
    I know a little bit of the Navajo language.
    I look forward to talking about this topic, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
    ~Matt

Hi Matt , and welcome from south central New Mexico . How did you find us ? Have you read the Going Home series ?
    We've got a pretty good crew here , with everyone helping each other whenever possible .
    I hope that you enjoy your stay.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Yah ta hey from NC.

Comment

I have read the Going Home series. The Going Home series is what brought me here.

Comment

Ulihelisdi Nidvnelvda Tennessee
          When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Originally posted by Matty172 View Post
            I have read the Going Home series. The Going Home series is what brought me here.
            Well then, what the heck took you so long to get here? Oh wait, let me guess , you had to walk here, right?
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome to the board

DD
              OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Welcome
                Kessler
                I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
                INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Hey Matt,
                  I have ALOT of friends and acquaintances from out your way. Some of the best welders I have ever had the pleasure of working with went to the old welding school there at Tuba City. I was on a powerhouse job one time and with the exception of me, the whole welding crew was Navajo and I had to have each morning's safety meeting interpreted for me.

I am a big admirer of the Navajo and Hopi jewelry makers as well as the blanket weavers. Do you know any folks who do some of that?

Tex
                  = 2
                  sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                    Hey Matt,
                    I have ALOT of friends and acquaintances from out your way. Some of the best welders I have ever had the pleasure of working with went to the old welding school there at Tuba City. I was on a powerhouse job one time and with the exception of me, the whole welding crew was Navajo and I had to have each morning's safety meeting interpreted for me.

I am a big admirer of the Navajo and Hopi jewelry makers as well as the blanket weavers. Do you know any folks who do some of that?

Tex
                    At the school I go to, we actually have a welding program so you can get a job as a welder right out of high school. As for the jewelry makers and blanket weavers, I only know a few that do it myself, But mostly all of my friends grandmas weave blankets.

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                      Well then, what the heck took you so long to get here? Oh wait, let me guess , you had to walk here, right?
                      I see what you did there but what really got me here was i finished AA's book Resurrecting Home and I was looking to see any news for if there was going to be a Book 6 and when it would come out.

Comment

Book six, Enforcing Home is out Matty. Get on the stick man! Welcome to the boards and feel free to jump in anywhere. Tex has a great story about Navajos and horses, you should have him tell it to you.
                        I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Matt, if you're trying to find " Enforcing Home" at a local Barnes and Noble , you're going to be out of luck . It would appear that B&N has decided not to carry it . Amazon.com is the primary, and possibly only place to get it .

Defund the Media !!

Comment

Came looking for more book. Figures. The good news is, he's already working on #7!

I'm a grandma, and one of few around my area keeping people spinning. Last time I ran across someone making and selling drop-spindles, they didn't even know how to use them. Silly people were winding a bit of commercial yarn onto them, and selling them as decorative items.

They learnt. Easy enough to do, you should go ask to learn. Spinning & weaving can get you to a meditative place in your head, just like most of the arts. You might have a natural knack for one task over the other, but both are easy enough even if you don't. Or if you suck at both, maybe they can teach you something else.
                            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome from PA Matt.

Comment

Working...
                              X