Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys need help locating a flashlight/torch

Like the title says im looking for suggestions for a light. requirements:

1. AA powered. (Not Angery American, although that would be interesting.)
    2. Pocket sized w or w/o clip
    3. last but not least you trust your life with it.

I'm not beyond a CR123 but would like AA. ive had a Surefire G2 and may fall back to another. it was tough.

I think you are best off with the CR123a/18650 compatible lights. This you could do in rechargeable format, 18650 and has worked out well for me. None of the AA lights I have had held up long run...

Charge Adapter (DC)
    FENIX STORE is the OLDEST and LARGEST BRAND AUTHORIZED RETAILER of Fenix products in the world. Fenix has been producing innovative and high quality personal lighting since 2005 and Fenix Store has been serving customers since 2006. We remain your #1 choice for high-quality Fenix products essential for work or play.

Charger
    Fenix Batteries, Chargers, Holsters, Filters, Diffusers, Mounts, Switches, Wands, and More! Fenix flashlights can be fitted with a wide range of accessories, making them truly versatile tools. Turn your tactical flashlight into a hunting flashlight with a remote pressure switch, filters, and gun mount. Turn your LED fl

Light along these lines;
    FENIX STORE is the OLDEST and LARGEST BRAND AUTHORIZED RETAILER of Fenix products in the world. Fenix has been producing innovative and high quality personal lighting since 2005 and Fenix Store has been serving customers since 2006. We remain your #1 choice for high-quality Fenix products essential for work or play.

or this
    The Fenix TK22 TAC modernizes the classic TK22 with APF Technology and features a rotating tail switch to toggle between duty and tactical modes, providing maximum versatility. Duty Mode allows for 4 brightness levels and strobe, while Tactical Mode limits access to only turbo and strobe. For further security, the swit

Combo Set

batteries; (toss out the EdisonBright non-rechargeable sample they leaked before even using them.

You can't go wrong with Surefire. There are also some custom ones made here in Austin if the budget allows.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Are you looking for a spot, flood (close, or focusable?

Preference on the switch type?

I have had good luck with fenix. I am not sure if I would trust my life with them, but they are darned good. If I was a door kicker, surefire would be to the top of the list, but the cost is prohibitive for me. I also had good luck with NEBO, but again, trust my life, I don't know.

Comment

This will be a back up daily carry flashlight when I am on duty and a primary when off. I currently carry a 5.11 single AA but as stated the AA don't last long. I just have a lot of AA stored is why I tried to stay with them but the shelf life of a 123 as well as the duty life I may just need to go that route. The switch type does not matter but I like to buy something that I know will last regardless of the price if I know it is quality. Buy Once Cry Once. I have not hade must contact with the fenix lights but a lot of people are carrying them. Thanks guys for the input

Comment

How big of a light are you looking for? I use a streamlight microstream at work. It's led, very bright, and uses 1 aaa battery. Not sure how long th battery last as I have had it a year and shave not needed to change it.
          http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

I've found the 18650 w / batteries last me a long time. I only use it daily and very very minimal. One recharge. I can post pictures of them, compared to the AA ones and you can get a good idea of size which seems to be a factor here..

Comment

My vote would be looking at Surefire/Novatac, although expensive they work and work very well. They offer many specific groups discounts and have excellent customer service/warranty. I have several that have been used a lot over the last 15 years or so and never any issues at all. I prefer the CR123's because they have a shelf stable life of 10 or so years and won't leak. Some drawbacks in peoples minds are they aren't rechargeable and they don't dim when they begin to go bad they will just start flickering a bit before going completely out.

The other one I highly recommend is Novatac, they are just as rugged as Surefire and are outstanding lights, just a little smaller company so they also get a good bit of my business when I need something.

The link is below;

Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I have a Coast HP7R.
                It Comes with two micro usb rechargeable batteries as well as a AAA adapter. I like the rechargeable batteries as they last a long time and recharge rather quickly. Ive been using the one i have now more or less constantly since last year and have yet to have an issue. Its been beaten up and dropped from a 3 story condo building ( not on purpose it fell out of my tool bag), and still keeps on working. I constantly use the light when I'm up in attics and such and only have recharged it once in the last 3 months. Even then it was only for a bit and it was still bright.

Comment

Originally posted by MT1 View Post
                  I have a Coast HP7R.
                  It Comes with two micro usb rechargeable batteries as well as a AAA adapter. I like the rechargeable batteries as they last a long time and recharge rather quickly. Ive been using the one i have now more or less constantly since last year and have yet to have an issue. Its been beaten up and dropped from a 3 story condo building ( not on purpose it fell out of my tool bag), and still keeps on working. I constantly use the light when I'm up in attics and such and only have recharged it once in the last 3 months. Even then it was only for a bit and it was still bright.
                  I can attest that crazy light is bright..... I keep waiting for it to fall out of his pack in the desert somewhere so I can do a battle field pick up......
                  Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I have seen the Coast I was wondering about the reliability that pretty much sums its durability up

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Meador View Post
                      I have seen the Coast I was wondering about the reliability that pretty much sums its durability up
                      I like how the beam is adjustable. It comes in handy depending on what im doing. Also the moveable part locks in place really securely.

I forgot to mention that the batter can be charged with out taking it out of the flashlight.

Comment

Working...
                      X